Best Team Ever

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Paul Gascoigne

Forum Jester
As we are resting between seasons, started wondering how our recent players stand up against the past.

My suggestion is
Jennings

Walker Toby McKay Knowles

Ardiles Hoddle Perryman Bale

Kane Greaves

Subs Lloris,Jan, Mabbutt , Mullery, Modric, Jones, Gilzean

Squad members Brown , Kinnear, England, Beale, White, Dembele, Berbatov. (25 total)

So not so bad, shame that this lot didn't turn up at the same time.

Who did I forget ?

As we are resting between seasons, started wondering how our recent players stand up against the past.

My suggestion is
Jennings

Kane Greaves

Squad members Brown , Kinnear, England, Beale, White, Dembele, Berbatov. (25 total)

Who did I forget ?
Gazza and waddle

My suggestion is
Jennings

Kane Greaves

Who did I forget ?
Ledley

There will be a lot more people that know the older players better than me but my first thought looking at that is no Ledley King?

Maybe I am nostalgic because of how great he was when I started really following the club or because of him being in the news recently but it seems many others are talking about how great he was.

Doing this since i've supported the team otherwise its impossible to say. Jennings , Perryman, King, Vertonghen, Hughton, Hoddle, Ardiles, Gascoigme, Bale, Klinsmann, Kane. Subs, Clemence, Mabbutt, Gough, Modric, Waddle, Sheringham, Archibald.

Mackay was a midfielder.

I reckon Brown, Baker, Norman, Henry, Mackay, Blanchflower, White, Jones, Allen, Dyson and Smith would make a good side. Might even win the league... :tobyarm:

These threads are always tricky as it really depends on age. Greaves, Hoddle, Perryman, and many others were simply before my time, but clearly absolute legends.

My choice is based purely on Spurs players I’ve witnessed since I started supporting us in 1990.

———————Lloris
Walker—Mabbutt—King—Bale
——-Gazza——Modric—Ginola
—-Berbatov—Kane—Klinsmann

Five subs: Robinson, Vertonghen, Dembele, young Lennon, Sheringham

Mackay was a midfielder.

I reckon Brown, Baker, Norman, Henry, Mackay, Blanchflower, White, Jones, Allen, Dyson and Smith would make a good side. Might even win the league... :tobyarm:

‘’Mackay played the last few years of his career with us as a central defender alongside Mike England. I believe he also played there when he moved to Derby.

I think this calls for a 33 man squad...
3 players for every position... and there will still be ones left out!

‘’Mackay played the last few years of his career with us as a central defender alongside Mike England. I believe he also played there when he moved to Derby.
You're right of course, but maybe what I should have said is that he was better known as a midfielder.
Perryman is in a similar situation. Played as a midfielder with distinction for most of his career, but also did a very good job as a right back under Burkinshaw.

Back
Top Bottom