Best world 11 in your lifetime?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Buffon
Cafu
Cannavaro
Nesta
Maldini
Xavi
Winks
Robben
Zidane
Ronaldinho
Ronaldo

Off the top of my head, I'm sure there are many I'm forgetting, and nostalgia definitely leads me to favour the older generations over current players.

Almost impossible to answer so I’m going for players who I enjoyed watching.

Lloris

Maldini
Chiellini
Cannavaro
Baresi

Gazza
Maradona
Modric
Hoddle

Cantona
Bale

The number of people writing Salah is perplexing. Unless you started watching football in 2010 he can hardly be regarded as a legend. Great player, but nothing more.

The number of people writing Salah is perplexing. Unless you started watching football in 2010 he can hardly be regarded as a legend. Great player, but nothing more.

I honestly think he's the best right winger in PL history. Aware it's controversial or whatever, but the numbers he puts up are silly. Already ahead of guys like Bale and Hazard for me, and if we're discounting Messi, what right wingers recently are ahead of him? Robben? Not for me.

He gets 20+ goals a season and a bunch of assists every year from out wide and in his first Liverpool season had 32 league goals. Looks set for a similar season this campaign too. Absolutely bangs them in during the CL as well.

Most Liverpool fans would say he's already a legend, I'd imagine. Best player in a league/cl winning team.

Keller, Gardner, Perry, Thelwell, Dozzell, calderwood, Korsten, Leonhardsen, Clemence, Booth, Mahorn.

Subs: Titus Brambel, Blackberry Brambel, Hedgerow Brambel, Raspberry Brambel & Sergi Rebrov 👍

Can't believe nobody else seems to have selected Gerrard. If ever a side was a one man team it was Liverpool for years. He was mediocre for England but for Liverpool he was ridiculous year after year, no matter where they played him. Seemed to also score a goal of the month contender every month too.

Can't believe nobody else seems to have selected Gerrard. If ever a side was a one man team it was Liverpool for years. He was mediocre for England but for Liverpool he was ridiculous year after year, no matter where they played him. Seemed to also score a goal of the month contender every month too.

I put him on the subs bench. For me Scholes and Zidane sit above him based on outstanding technical skills and I put Modric because he is more suited for sitting in the 6 role than Gerrard.

Gerrard is probably the most all round midfielder I have seen, can do a bit of everything even play striker and defender. Xavi, Iniesta are brilliant skill wise but Scholes and Zidane just have the genius that pipes Gerrard, Xavi and Iniesta for me.

As for England that’s not even relevant for either Scholes or Gerrard, we had stupid managers playing them on the left wing, might as well have thrown them in goal. England managers excepting Hoddle have mostly been backward dinosaurs.

Back
Top Bottom