Bezos Incoming

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love the fact we haven't sold out yet. I know it won't be for ever, but I'm enjoying the fact that it is the Club's name that is mentioned, not some commercial enterprise that may not be around in 5 years time.
I'd enjoy that more if it felt like it was a conscious decision to do so, but as it is it just seems like a fuck up due to delays, then holding out for too much money, then Covid and now we have a comical side that isn't so attractive to be associated with...

Also if that was the case we should have given it a better name, Tottenham Hotspur Stadium sounds like something the Football Manager 2016 AI comes up with 4 years into a career.

If we do get bought by amazon, there'll be instant jokes all over social media that even amazon can't deliver trophies to spurs.
Robert Redford Nod GIF

I'm never really certain what people have against Amazon, for those of us who don't live in big cities (and in a lot of cases those who do) they're a godsend. When I first came to Spain I craved books in English that were damn hard to find. I can get them the next day now. Hurrah!

So they don't treat workers too well and have some abusive employment practices? No different to most Spanish companies then. How sure are you that your retail vendors of choice treat their employees well. Ever bothered to ask them?

I have, in the case of my local non-national chain supermarket. They get treated like shit. Forced to work Sundays and then the company doesn't pay them overtime, or even wages per se, but credit at the company store, completely illegal. Like lots of other businesses they ignore the Spanish law guaranteeing workers 12 hours' rest between shift and shift.

What makes Amazon more unpleasant?

It's fighting the fight maaaan

What makes Amazon more unpleasant?
Scale.

Back
Top Bottom