Bezos Incoming

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spurs to continue spending…

Yeah I'm sure top tier companies are really interested in getting their name out there to FC Tbilisi in the UEFA Conference league group stages. Considering we couldn't secure this when we were a CL team, gonna go ahead and say I'm doubtful now we're one who hope for Europa League football.

We could certainly do with the money though, considering the lack of owner investment.
They'd only spend the extra money on exciting new property ventures anyways

This is how I imagine the naming rights talks going.

Levy: If you’d like your name on our stadium, it’ll be £500m for 20 years.

Interested Party: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

end of negotiations

This is how I imagine the naming rights talks going.

Levy: If you’d like your name on our stadium, it’ll be £500m for 20 years.

Interested Party: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

end of negotiations
Typically how these deals work out (in the States anyways) is that after a few years, the sponsor pays a buy-out clause to exit the deal early.

Example: Banc of California paid $20M to get out of their stadium naming rights deal with the brand new (opened in early 2018) LAFC stadium in downtown Los Angeles.

This is a complete failure and it’s all on Levy.

Not only have they failed to invest a single penny of their own for the last ten years (officially the lowest in the PL), they’ve completely failed to do their job and close naming rights. Levy should return his salary to the club to offset his failings as CEO.

This is a complete failure and it’s all on Levy.

Not only have they failed to invest a single penny of their own for the last ten years (officially the lowest in the PL), they’ve completely failed to do their job and close naming rights. Levy should return his salary to the club to offset his failings as CEO.

Shhhh we are not allowed to talk about the £4 million a year salary.

Otherwise we can't maintain the narrative that Levy and ENIC 'don't take a single penny out of the club'

:levystare:

Shhhh we are not allowed to talk about the £4 million a year salary.

Otherwise we can't maintain the narrative that Levy and ENIC 'don't take a single penny out of the club'

:levystare:
He’s paid to do a job but when he’s failing to secure investment, sort naming rights and sort football strategy you have to wonder. He would be sacked if he didn’t have a relationship with the Bermudan tortoise / stake in the club.

His salary is an outlier vs his peers too and should be reset this season

As I've said in previous posts today, I don't think it's a huge deal and not one I will lose sleep over.

If it's gonna bring in fuck-off-millions of pounds then so be it; but otherwise I'm perfectly happy with us retaining the name....

Just a shame we aren't likely to officially revert back to it being called WHL.

"...THE WORLD FAMOUS HOME OF THE SPURS!" :tobyarm:

Back
Top Bottom