Big Fat Nacer Chadli.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looks like they have given Nacer a very free role behind Rondon.
Thats where he thrives, he's never going to be a pure winger as they are used in the PL. He lacks the explosive pace to do so, but he knows how to score, has a good dose of technique and can get assists. He has that cutting edge that for example Moose has never been able to develop. I compare those two because they both started out as strikers in the Dutch league but evolved in a completely different way.

But must feel good for him, if you are a record signing at a no mark club like WBA it's going to be important that you deliver early.

Last edited:
I've already said it on this forum, by the standards of todays market they got him dirt cheap, especially if you think about how many goals he might get them this year.

Just want to say that was a nice bit of class from Nacer to go out of his way not to celebrate his goal against us. Always will have a soft spot for him
Still, I'd have been happier if he'd not bothered scoring in the first place

:levyeyes:

It was always going to him that scored for them though. These things are meant to be. I wish him all the very best. It's just a shame there wasn't a place for him in the squad cos he seems a genuinely good guy & has an eye for goal when he's playing regularly.

Letting Chadli go was an obvious mistake. He can be very clinical and knows the PL.
But the biggest mistake Spurs made in the summer was not signing Fulham's Dembele for 500k.
30m for Sissy is ridiculous, especially considering we already had players in that role.
Poch is too obsessed with bulking up and dominating other teams. I think he is slowly losing the plot and doesn't have the capacity to think up a lighter, more clinical style of play (like Ranieri).

I didn't disagree with selling Chadli, in principal, but replacing him with a £30m Sissoko is very difficult to understand.

I certainly do try to give players every chance to succeed and don't like to write anyone off in their first season but I just see nothing whatsoever from Sissoko to suggest that he'll ever be up to a decent standard. Hope I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom