Big Fat Nacer Chadli.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rofl Chadli was anonymous in 80% of the games he played. A proper highlights reel player.

I think Sissoko was a mistake but getting rid of Chadli wasn't.

He was on fire and our best player until his dad died, then he just never really got back on form.

Gylfi 2.0 for the rest of the time.

There is a possibility that both Chadli and Siggurdson wanted to leave to get more minutes.

I'd not have sold either of them, given the choice, but maybe that choice wasn't there.

There is a possibility that both Chadli and Siggurdson wanted to leave to get more minutes.

I'd not have sold either of them, given the choice, but maybe that choice wasn't there.

If I could really wind the clock back, I'd not be signing Siggy at all, keeping Rafa happy. I'd also have kept Scotty P and the majority of that Redknapp side, only strengthening the central defence. I'd also have kept Defoe.

I do, however, think that Chadli would have been a good addition to our forward line regardless.

If I could really wind the clock back, I'd not be signing Siggy at all, keeping Rafa happy. I'd also have kept Scotty P and the majority of that Redknapp side, only strengthening the central defence. I'd also have kept Defoe.

I do, however, think that Chadli would have been a good addition to our forward line regardless.
But that central defence was strengthened. We signed Ryan Nelsen remember?

But that central defence was strengthened. We signed Ryan Nelsen remember?

He was probably our second best CB at that stage after King.

Nelson and Zaha get a lot of stick they were free, but they both put a shift in whilst having little time to adapt.

No surprise we didn't get form until we knew our manager was neither off to jail nor England

He was probably our second best CB at that stage after King.

Nelson and Zaha get a lot of stick they were free, but they both put a shift in whilst having little time to adapt.

No surprise we didn't get form until we knew our manager was neither off to jail nor England

I don't think people hold it against the players, more the fact they were completely ridiculous signings

I don't think people hold it against the players, more the fact they were completely ridiculous signings

Saha had 12 games and scored 4 goals, which is probably better than anyone else we could have signed at that point. It's better than anyone in the team has so far I think this season

Saha had 12 games and scored 4 goals, which is probably better than anyone else we could have signed at that point. It's better than anyone in the team has so far I think this season

It was a makeshift signing, honestly can't comprehend anyone can think otherwise. We signed him for 6 months!

It was a makeshift signing, honestly can't comprehend anyone can think otherwise. We signed him for 6 months!
Id say it was effective - he had premier league winning experience and knew where the net was.

His age meant he wasn't supposed to be long term, but he was there for cover.

Likewise, I can't comprehend why people think it was an anomaly - Redknapp has spent his managerial career signing older players, it was hardly unusual. He loved quality in depth, rather than "knowing his XI" as the pundits put it now

Nelsen though.
I always thought that we actually moved for Chris Samba ( who Harry loved ) and let Bassong go to Wolves on loan as Samba was coming only to see the Russian's swoop in last minute and nick Samba for silly money.

Harry took Nelsen as he was short of back up having already let Bassong move, and Blackburn offered the player free as compensation for taking the Russian money. Nelsen only played a few games and he did ok. Then left. Not much more to add about the fella. Except no way was he first pick.

Saha was a decent buy at the time. Redknapp pulled off a similar move with Gudjihnson a couple of years before and his know how was vital at the time. Saha could / did have the same effect in securing top 4. It was just a massive shame that the England shite killed our momentum and we needed 3rd and not 4th place.... Harry's to blame for that ( & Cheatski too )Not Nelsen or Saha.

Last edited:
I always thought that we actually moved for Chris Samba ( who Harry loved ) and let Bassong go to Wolves on loan as Samba was coming only to see the Russian's swoop in last minute and nick Samba for silly money.

Harry took Nelsen as he was short of back up having already let Bassong move, and Blackburn offered the player free as compensation for taking the Russian money. Nelsen only played a few games and he did ok. Then left. Not much more to add about the fella. Except no way was he first pick.

Saha was a decent buy at the time. Redknapp pulled off a similar move with Gudjihnson a couple of years before and his know how was vital at the time. Saha could / did have had the same effect in securing top 4. It was just a massive shame that the England shite killed our momentum and we needed 3rd and not 4th. Harry's to blame for that. Not Nelsen or Saha ( oh and Chelsea being the cunts they are too )

Losing out to the Russians over Chris fucking Samba to having Toby and Jan.

Easy to forget how far we have come.

I always thought that we actually moved for Chris Samba ( who Harry loved ) and let Bassong go to Wolves on loan as Samba was coming only to see the Russian's swoop in last minute and nick Samba and Harry took Nelsen as he was short of back up having let Bassong move, and Blackburn offered that compensation. Nelsen only played a few games and he did ok. Then left. Not much more to add about the fella. Except no way was he first pick.

Saha was a decent buy at the time. Redknapp pulled off a similar move with Gudjihnson a couple of years before and his know how was vital at the time. Saha could / did have had the same effect in securing top 4. It was just a massive shame that the England shite killed our momentum and we needed 3rd and not 4th. Harry's to blame for that. Not Nelsen or Saha ( oh and Chelsea being the cunts they are too )

Absolutely.

We also have to point the finger at the backline Harry made. We were all about attack, yet had such a fragile defence before we brought in Nelson.

Kaboul
Benny

Gallas (ageing)
King (fragile)
Bongo (as useful as a chocolate teapot, here only for novelty)
Dawson (hardly played, got injured in March)
Walker (21, not really much more experience in our first team than CCV has now)
Adam Smith (ummm)
Bassong (loan out in Jan)
Corluka (loan out in Jan)

Despite what anyone would think, that's a side that Redknapp built. In fact, he binned off both Corluka and Bassong in January on loan! It's one thing saying "Levy didn't back him in January", but Redknapp also skinned the squad down and went off blabbing on about Tevez, who the rules meant we couldn't sign anyway.

Mental how he threw away that season and then shrugged his shoulders at the end and demanded he be given a new contract.

Just seen he most recently signed for Panathinaikos and did the delighted signing pose:

Christopher-Samba.jpg

Will always remember Saha fondly for Newcastle at home. What a fucking game that was.
Yeah I thought Saha was pretty decent considering he cost fuck all. I always enjoyed watching him play. Wasn't bothered about Nelsen either way but he certainly wasn't as bad as Callum fucking Davenport, Anthony Gardner or god forbid Ramon 'bomb scare' Vega!

Absolutely.

We also have to point the finger at the backline Harry made. We were all about attack, yet had such a fragile defence before we brought in Nelson.

Kaboul
Benny

Gallas (ageing)
King (fragile)
Bongo (as useful as a chocolate teapot, here only for novelty)
Dawson (hardly played, got injured in March)
Walker (21, not really much more experience in our first team than CCV has now)
Adam Smith (ummm)
Bassong (loan out in Jan)
Corluka (loan out in Jan)

Despite what anyone would think, that's a side that Redknapp built. In fact, he binned off both Corluka and Bassong in January on loan! It's one thing saying "Levy didn't back him in January", but Redknapp also skinned the squad down and went off blabbing on about Tevez, who the rules meant we couldn't sign anyway.

Mental how he threw away that season and then shrugged his shoulders at the end and demanded he be given a new contract.

He was always about now, and not for the future. He did a good job, but tbh. it was always very much short term.

He was always about now, and not for the future. He did a good job, but tbh. it was always very much short term.

Much of the PL is short term for managers though, the reality is the now for most of them with good reason, don't do a good job now and they get the boot , forget the future.

Much of the PL is short term for managers though, the reality is the now for most of them with good reason, don't do a good job now and they get the boot , forget the future.

Yep, they are just part of the problem. I'm just happy that we have a manager at the top who plans long term now..

Back
Top Bottom