Big Sam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe true. For me he is one of the best managers of the prem era, he kept up clubs that should never have stayed up for long periods. The issue is his football is boring and a top club is not likely to take a chance on that particularly given he doesn’t have a fancy sounding name and is quite frankly a bit dodgy.

He's right. He's an absolute twat but that doesn't make him wrong.

He's too old now probably to manage a big team with a decent budget, so we'll probably never know how he'd fare. He's maybe a practical manager whose teams could play decent stuff if that was their strength.

Maybe true. For me he is one of the best managers of the prem era, he kept up clubs that should never have stayed up for long periods. The issue is his football is boring and a top club is not likely to take a chance on that particularly given he doesn’t have a fancy sounding name and is quite frankly a bit dodgy.
Still gets stick from Evertonians

Still gets stick from Evertonians
I've no doubt you're right. But he saved them from relegation, they were defo going down with Koeman. Owners press the panic button when relegation out of the PL is on the cards. A team that size with that history and with LFC a 5 minute walk away, it should be unthinkable. It very nearly happened, they had to beat Wimbledon last game of the season, 2-0 down at HT. Very dodgy keeping to let in a long shot. Bribery? A really big team needing to beat a tiny one? I'd be shocked I tell you! Shocked!!

:harrylol:

I've no doubt you're right. But he saved them from relegation, they were defo going down with Koeman. Owners press the panic button when relegation out of the PL is on the cards. A team that size with that history and with LFC a 5 minute walk away, it should be unthinkable. It very nearly happened, they had to beat Wimbledon last game of the season, 2-0 down at HT. Very dodgy keeping to let in a long shot. Bribery? A really big team needing to beat a tiny one? I'd be shocked I tell you! Shocked!!

:harrylol:
Yes I remember that one which included a distinctly dodgy penalty

Plenty of brown envelopes with used notes exchanged at HT imv

Back
Top Bottom