Bilic is a yido!!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Slavan bilic came out publicly telling modric "your at a big club already, you dont need a new challenge" great manager aswell. Could see him as a leftfield choice for spurs manager. Life after harry. Why not. Hes transformed Croatia

Full quotes

'I have spoken with Luka and I will respect whatever he decides to do,' Bilic said in The Sun after watching Modric in action during the 3-1 victory over Swansea on Sunday.

'But I did say to him he's already at a massive club at Tottenham. Everyone knows huge clubs are interested in Luka but what I said was he should not forget how big Tottenham are.

'Glenn Hoddle and Chris Waddle spent many years here and are proud to have played for this club. If he decides to leave then Luka should do it for the right reasons.'

Apparently he was in London on Sunday to watch us. I've always liked the guy, he has such a swagger about him. From Wiki;

Management style

Bilić has said in a post tournament interview that he and his players compiled and studied many games of their opponents to become very well prepared for tough matches.

Known to be a big fan of music, Bilić relates his teams motivation to such, often encouraging them to listen to inspiring music before and after games. He went on to state "I cannot do my job without music, I need it to relax".

Quotes

"Wake up! You did not score your two goals because you had two strikers up front, we were simply the better team." (During his post match interview after Croatia beat England 3–2 at Wembley).
"Only Kaka is better than Modric."
"With the greatest respect to women, football is the most beautiful thing in the world."
"I don't think it is an advantage to play against Austria first. I would much rather have played against San Marino first, with the greatest respect to them for not qualifying."
"Look at our qualifying record." (When Croatia's future success was doubted).

Personal life

Along with his native Croatian, Bilić is fluent in German, Italian, and English, while he also holds a degree in law. As big fan of rock music, he plays rhythm guitar with his favored red Gibson Explorer and is a member of Rawbau, a Croatian rock group. In 2008, the band recorded a song for Croatia's performance at Euro 2008 called "Vatreno Ludilo" ("Fiery Madness"), which soon became a #1 hit.

It is a bit of a risk but he could easily add successful club manager of Tottenham Hotspur to his list of achievements. He has a third place World Cup medal as a player, 69% win ratio as manager of Croatia, and a few league and cup domestic honours as a player. Also, he smokes on the sidelines and Redknapp bought him as a player when at West Ham.

He's come out this morning saying he'd love to work in the prem. Suddenly this is all making sense.

Can see redknapp having favour in him seeing as he signed him at west ham. Hes done great for croatia bringing through modric. Hes 33/1 and i certainly wouldnt be dissapointed if he was there next season. Very passionate and plays the right way. Modric will stay aswell

Flav said:
He's come out this morning saying he'd love to work in the prem. Suddenly this is all making sense.

I think the phrase 'covering all bases' springs to mind...

wouldn't mind him at all at Spurs one day, but maybe once he's cut his 'Club-Management teeth' elsewhere.... I wouldn't rule out him treading the same West Ham - half decent South Coast Prem club - Tottenham path that Harry took...

One way or the other, either Bilic or Di Canio will end up at West Ham at SOME point in their careers... we'd merely be a stepping stone to that end... Hammers fans wouldn't want it any other way!

JamieG17 said:
Name a better choice. I wudnt be happy with moyes or hughes.
Better choice? What's he done and has no premiership experience, even Rodgers has that. Definitely would take Moyes over Bilic anyday of the week.

Sean said:
JamieG17 said:
Name a better choice. I wudnt be happy with moyes or hughes.
Better choice? What's he done and has no premiership experience, even Rodgers has that. Definitely would take Moyes over Bilic anyday of the week.

Considering Rodgers hasn't even had a year in the Premiership and Moyes hasn't won any silverware, O'Neill is currently by far the most qualified in terms of domestic success, silverware and European experience.

Don't get me wrong I'd welcome Rodgers etc. too but they haven't worked with the likes of Modric and Kranjcar like Bilic before. Unless we bring in someone ridiculous like Mourinho, I doubt any other manager could convince them to stay this summer and attract bigger players. I don't really care if Luka leaves as the club is bigger etc., and Niko deserves first team football for the respect he's shown, but it is just as big a risk bringing in a proven manager if our proven players leave.

linnet_spur said:
He has his own rock band. That is all that matters. Imagine Niko as lead singer :wub:

:niko:

Oh yeeeeeeah....

would have to recall Charlie to put him on drums... (after all, what's a Rock Band without 'Charlie') :rock:

...and most definitely Modric as Roadie :modric:

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/8 ... am-manager?
The Croatia coach was at White Hart Lane on Sunday to run the rule over Luka Modric ahead of the European Championship finals in Poland and Ukraine this summer.
And he revealed before Spurs’ 3-1 win over Swansea: ‘I would be very interested in being the Tottenham manager, they are a major club with a bright future.
‘But [Spurs chairman] Daniel Levy needs to be convinced I am the man for the job.’
If Spurs appointed former West Ham and Everton centre-half Bilic as their new boss it would be a major boost in their battle to keep Modric at White Hart Lane.
The midfielder has been linked with summer bids from Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea but Bilic said: ‘Everyone knows huge clubs are interested in Luka but what I told him is that he should not forget how big Tottenham are.’
Spurs are set to offer Modric a bumper new contract at the end of the season if they qualify for next term’s Champions League.

Wants to manage us according to the metro

Back
Top Bottom