BOLTON

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I use to enjoy Bolton regularly giving Woolwich a psychological doing over but where this historic club, a founder member of the football league, has fallen to is a tradegy.

Anyone know what will happen if Bolton don't play there remaining fixtures ?

Relegation ?

Points deduction for next season ?

Fine ?

Also what happens to the points, theirs and the oppositions, from the games they have played all season ?

Anyone know what will happen if Bolton don't play there remaining fixtures ?

Relegation ?

Points deduction for next season ?

Fine ?

Also what happens to the points, theirs and the oppositions, from the games they have played all season ?
at some point automatic loses for both matches and -10 points if they go into liquidation. They're already relegated so they will start with -10 in league one

at some point automatic loses for both matches and -10 points if they go into liquidation. They're already relegated so they will start with -10 in league one
What about the points won or lost in the games they have played ? If they don't play again this season.

Will their results against other teams become "null and void" i.e. teams that have beaten them will lose the 3 points they won ?

What about the points won or lost in the games they have played ? If they don't play again this season.

Will their results against other teams become "null and void" i.e. teams that have beaten them will lose the 3 points they won ?
no reason for them to be retroactively voided. the results will all stand. Though if I were them I would just field the U23, they will lose anyhow but avoid a fine for the no show

no reason for them to be retroactively voided. the results will all stand. Though if I were them I would just field the U23, they will lose anyhow but avoid a fine for the no show
The U23s would probably refuse to play as well.

I don't know the fixture list but if I was manager/chairman of a team that was pushing for promotion/playoffs/relegation and I didn't get to play them and teams around me have already played them and won and kept the 3 points, I'd be doing my nut

I don't know the fixture list but if I was manager/chairman of a team that was pushing for promotion/playoffs/relegation and I didn't get to play them and teams around me have already played them and won and kept the 3 points, I'd be doing my nut
Brentford and Forest, both have nothing to play for, the latter for the past 20 years or so

The Brentford game won't be arranged. Brentford have been awarded a 1-0 win. An easy decision to make when it doesn't have any bearing on promotion or relegation.

Imagine if a win earned promotion for Brentford at another club's expense?

Brentford have been awarded a 1-0 win as Bolton were unable to fulfill their fixture both due to unpaid players and staff not working meant the ground as unsafe.

Same may happen for last fixture.

So Bolton will have 'played' all their fixtures, albeit last one or two decided for them so no reason to reallocate points

U23 players like first team have not been paid for the last 2 months so will not play.

Ridiculous end of season for a once great club

Never forgiven them for the defeat away in 1977-78 season. Over 34,000 there including a massive Tottenham following. They had a young Peter Reid and a vile Sam Allardyce as i recall and beat us very late on 1-0. We had our revenge in the return at WHL when over 50,000 were there (second division of course) when Don Macallister scored down the Paxton. I was in the paper the next day in the enclosure. Here endeth today's boring history lesson.

Never forgiven them for the defeat away in 1977-78 season. Over 34,000 there including a massive Tottenham following. They had a young Peter Reid and a vile Sam Allardyce as i recall and beat us very late on 1-0. We had our revenge in the return at WHL when over 50,000 were there (second division of course) when Don Macallister scored down the Paxton. I was in the paper the next day in the enclosure. Here endeth today's boring history lesson.
We played them in the 3rd round of that cup that year as well didn't we? Think they won that also.

The Brentford game won't be arranged. Brentford have been awarded a 1-0 win. An easy decision to make when it doesn't have any bearing on promotion or relegation.

Imagine if a win earned promotion for Brentford at another club's expense?
It wouldn't have happened.They would have had to played the game some how, or all of Bolton's result awarded to the other team.

Was at both games too.. happy days..home game got a bigger crowd than the f.a cup semi at highbury kicking off at the same time..carnage afterwards

Cheers.
I remember we played them a lot that year.They were a big rival of ours, for a season.
What i do really recall about them most was the league game at the lane. I swear to this day there was far more than the 52 k attendance published in the ground that day..there where people standing in the seat isles and id never known the terraces so packed in.

What i do really recall about them most was the league game at the lane. I swear to this day there was far more than the 52 k attendance published in the ground that day..there where people standing in the seat isles and id never known the terraces so packed in.
I remember it being busy.We were in the Paxton that day,but had stood in the shelf every game prior and after ,so maybe that was why.
I was only 10, loved it :)

Back
Top Bottom