Bottom 6 clubs. Which players would you want

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Steven goal machine Fletcher. Get him. Get him fucking now. Seriously. Now.

Would also cast an eye over Benteke in a non pervy way, but he'd have to have a release clause of £6m tops, otherwise he can get to fuck as he'll cost £infinity otherwise.

Everyone else is shit, that's why they are bottom six.

Realistically, Reading and two of QPR, Southampton, Villa and Wigan are getting relegated. There is zero chance of Newcastle getting relegated. Sunderland and Norwich are the dark horses, but both probably have enough points accumulated to stumble their way to survival.

If Wigan did go down their team would be absolutely raided!
Full of cracking players, I'd take Kone, Figueroa , Gomez, heck even Boyce!

penpen penpen Ryan Nelsen was 33 and he did a job..

:nelsen:

No but seriously, Kone could give us 3 good years in front of goal. (edit - I thought his record at Levante was better than 15 goals in 34 games - 'cuse me)
Figueroa is a great player who wins games for Wigan, possible cover for wingback positions.
Gomez is admittedly average and okay he probably wouldn't get a game with us.
Boyce was a bit of a tongue in cheek suggestion but he isn't a bad player.

If we're talking about players I genuinely would want us to sign, then only Shaw and Benteke.

There are some good players in there. Ramirez, Kone, Faurlin, Remy etc. but I wouldn't actively look to sign any of them.

Steven goal machine Fletcher. Get him. Get him fucking now. Seriously. Now.

Would also cast an eye over Benteke in a non pervy way, but he'd have to have a release clause of £6m tops, otherwise he can get to fuck as he'll cost £infinity otherwise.

Everyone else is shit, that's why they are bottom six.
Fletcher really would get goals in this Spurs team.

Covered all the money ONeill had spent would be my guess. THat guy pissed millions up the wall on (predominantly) overpriced average cloggers

I think you need to check again

Below I've listed the major purchases / sales during his reign

Season 06/07

Bought

Young for 12m
Petrov for 8m

2 quality players, certaingly not overpriced average cloggers

Combined total +/- 21m

Sold

Very little

Combined total +/- 2m

League finishing position - 11th

Season 07/08

Bought

Knight
Reo-Cocker
Harewood

Combined +/- 20m

Sold

Davis
Cahill
Ridgwell
Moore
Hughes

Combined total +/-19m

League finishing position - 6th

Season 08/09

Bought
Milner (top player)
Cuellar - did a decent job
Davis
Sidwell - solid
Friedel
Heskey
Shorey
Young

Most of which are solid players and helped them finish 6th in the PL that season

Combined total +/-49m

Sold

+/- 4m

Season 09/10

Bought

Downing
Delph
Warnock
Dunne
Collins

Combined total +/- 40m

Sold

Barry
Knight
Garnder

Combnied total +/- 20m

Season 10/11 - he resigned in August

Bought

Bent - very good striker
Ireland - solid player at the time
Macoun

Combined total +/- 32m

Sold

Milner
Davis
Shorey

Combined total +/- 25m

League finishing position - 9th

Season 11/12 - League finishing position - 16th

Season 21/13 - current League position - 17th

Martin O'Neill had them in the Top 6 of the PL for nearly 4 consecutive seasons (not a bad achievement for a team allegedly full of cloggers?), and they began sliding towards relegation ever since he left - something which is very much a real possibility this season - proper PL club, proper PL stadium well and truly in the shitter.

Most of his signings (bar a few Heskeys and Harewoods here and there) were top class players who were later sold to Top 3 clubs for profit or remained to serve the club well - Petrov, etc.

As far as I'm aware the issue with MON wasn't so much the fees (he still did massively overpay for some of those players) but the wages in addition to those fees. Ireland - whilst he looked ok when they bought him - has been awful and is on £80 k p/w. Also a lot of those players looked ok when he bought them but then turned out to be duds (hence why they can't now shift them).

In answer to the question:
Benteke or Fletcher if not too dear (but they would be), Clyne, Shaw and maybe Lallana. Think Schneiderlin or Cork would be handy back-up in CM too.

Back
Top Bottom