Bournemouth considering legal action against Hawkeye

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

hawkeye-sad-16.jpg

Surely the time to complain was when it happened!
Can we claim the points we missed out too, as that would have meant we would be in CL next season.
Relegation from the Premier League is financial suicide for a lot of clubs (unless they come straight back up again). Another reason why the "smaller" clubs put out weakened sides for cup competitions, which has devalued them.

What about the penalty we should of had against them?
Everyone has had shit calls that might of changed the result

Watford would also have a shout against us at the Lane over their believe they were wrong done.It wasn't worthy of a complaint at the time,it isn't now.
It was disgraceful, don't get me wrong.But you cant suddenly see it as an issue now you have done down.
To be honest,i think Bournemouth know this,and this is just the media putting 2&2 together.

Posted as much in another thread, but good luck to them tbh.... I don't expect them to win their EPL status back, but as a matter of principal (and possible financial compensation), why not.

"Sorry, we forgot to turn the machine on" is fuckin' amateur hour.

This is rather different than merely a shit ref decision.

Posted as much in another thread, but good luck to them tbh.... I don't expect them to win their EPL status back, but as a matter of principal (and possible financial compensation), why not.

I agree. This isn't a judgement call. It isn't a grey area.

The ball was over the line and the fact Hawkeye apologised at the time confirms it.

Obviously it can't change their relegation but if they manage to get some compo then fair play to them.

Surely the time to complain was when it happened!
Can we claim the points we missed out too, as that would have meant we would be in CL next season.
Relegation from the Premier League is financial suicide for a lot of clubs (unless they come straight back up again). Another reason why the "smaller" clubs put out weakened sides for cup competitions, which has devalued them.
The damages were only been realised on the 26th July, prior to that, apart from 3 points, there was no loss. I am not sure what the cause of action would be to be honest; negligence, breach of contract (presumably as a third party)... The PL rules allow mistakes from Hawkeye. From a legal perspective it would be interesting but there is not a cause of action jumping at me. I am sure their lawyers can find an arguable case though. I doubt Bournemouth would actually bring a case because Hawkeye would not settle.

The damages were only been realised on the 26th July, prior to that, apart from 3 points, there was no loss. I am not sure what the cause of action would be to be honest; negligence, breach of contract (presumably as a third party)... The PL rules allow mistakes from Hawkeye. From a legal perspective it would be interesting but there is not a cause of action jumping at me. I am sure their lawyers can find an arguable case though. I doubt Bournemouth would actually do anything though.
The 3 points is the issue though,or should be.
It wasn't just those 3 points lost that got them relegated,it was them being shit all season.It should have been contested at the time.

It wasn't just those 3 points lost that got them relegated,it was them being shit all season.It should have been contested at the time.
Yes, of course, but I mean from a legal perspective you have to actually have a loss (does not have to be financial) to bring a case. There was no financial loss until the 26th. If one is making a claim over financial loss suffered by the defendant's actions, then there has to actually be some financial loss.

E dit: I agree though, I don't think they have a case on the con losses they are presumably interest in.

Last edited:

It was on but all views were restricted

The goal was early in the second half too, goals change games because they were 1-0 up doesn't mean it ends that way.

The goal was early in the second half too, goals change games because they were 1-0 up doesn't mean it ends that way.
Always makes me laugh when people (normally west ham fans) say that they should have had 3 goals.but...
It's crap,because after the first goal goes in/is given,it changes the game totally.,and what did happen would odds not have happened.

It was on but all views were restricted

I read as much, but the whole thing stinks a bit.... Early murmurs were that it wasn't active for the incident (and indeed the first half*) then when the apology eventually comes out we get the 'no angles available'/'blame the tech, not us' excuse....

(*Comms at the time even said - paraphrasing - "we can confirm that HAweye has been tested and confirmed as activated for the second half".)

Rudimentary human error or mega-odds technical fallibility. Hmmm....

The latter does bet the question though; how any instance where a keeper with the ball in their arms can be judged accurately by Hawkeye...?

The incident was in the 42nd minute.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom