Bournemouth v Tottenham Hotspur - 9th July - 6pm(UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was the performance that bad?

I've watched the game again and we created a bunch of chances. Our finishing on the day was abysmal. If we showed a bit of composure in front of goal the result would have a been different. I do believe that. I think they just panicked and snatched at chances due to nerves from the magnitude of the game.

There was no lack of effort. We huffed and puffed without ever really testing Alisson with a good shot.
I recall us being totally lacklustre with no urgency, belief or intent until the last 10 mins. Liverpool were poor on the night and well beatable which hurts.. Will never re-watch any of it as too painful.

Been a few days and my anger has not reduced. Do not look at match threads during a match and could not work out how it could stretch to 129 pages when apart from some VAR decisions nothing happened. Should have guessed mainly moaning and so I thought I would add my moans. In the first half I though as we could not get hold of the ball we were playing with 9 players like last year. 2nd Half was better but the attacking was sterile and quite frankly we never looked like scoring. Ndombele did show some spark which on the day was more important than running around like Sissoko.
Really going to have to brace myself for further disappointment/heartache on Sunday. Yes it has been this bad before but just not for some time.

Back
Top Bottom