Bournemouth v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

OK... so Arse's draw makes our draw a little easier to stomach... only difference is, their draw took then top (for a while) whereas ours could take us down to 5th by Monday... that's the difference!

Yes it is "the difference" but at this stage of the season irrelevant

We're right up there in contention and that's what's important

Yeah, no surprise those results came when us, goons, City, United had all played in Europe; Liverpool, Chelsea, Bournemouth, Boro all had the week off. (Southampton played in Europe as well but they played a weakened team vs Inter, United seemed to play all or most of their best players against Fenerbahce.)
Being away makes the game much harder.
It was a good result.
You don't want the Chavs or Bournmouth away straight after Europe. You would want Middlb at home.

It was a good result.
You don't want the Chavs or Bournmouth away straight after Europe. You would want Middlb at home.
Indeed, our point against Bournemouth really wasn't so bad. Outside of the top-clubs Bournemouth are one of the harder sides and we played them away from home after a European match. Woolwich and City should be more disappointed with their draws, they played at home, and Woolwich in particular even played against a worse side in Middlesbrough.

Yes it is "the difference" but at this stage of the season irrelevant

We're right up there in contention and that's what's important
Indeed, people are too obsessed with the exact ranking in the league table, that only matters at the end of the season. Points are far more relevant right now and we're still only one point behind the leaders. We even gained ground on United and Everton.

Last edited:
2 points dropped
Forgive me for saying this but you don't seem to be enjoying the fact that we are very much in the mix, being one point off the top and having our best start to a league in a generation.

2009/10 19 points from 9 games
2011/12 19 points from 9 games
2013/14 19 points from 9 games

Are you talking about a generation of 1 year olds?

Why is it that we drew last season at West Brom in December and it was a decent result, kept our unbeaten run going, etc. But when we drew with them again at the end of the season, it was disastrous?

To those who think the last couple of games have been decent hard fought results, would you think the same if they happened in May and meant we could no longer win the league?

Points are worth the same now as they are at he end of the season.

Indeed, our point against Bournemouth really wasn't so bad. Outside of the top-clubs Bournemouth are one of the harder sides and we played them away from home after a European match. Woolwich and City should be more disappointed with their draws, they played at home, and Woolwich in particular even played against a worse side in Middlesbrough.

Indeed, people are too obsessed with the exact ranking in the league table, that only matters at the end of the season. Points are far more relevant right now and we're still only one point behind the leaders. We even gained ground on United and Everton.
The Scum should have won and would have won on another day-they would have gone 3 points clear.
us and City exactly the same. The only annoying thing with all this is Chavs/Liverpool moving up at our expense, not having Europe because they were shite last season ( we know helps having to rest up for a week ).

Fucking FA charges Sissoko useless cunts, pressure from the media again
399B88D700000578-0-image-m-16_1477142236850.jpg

No elbow - no ban.

1) The League is just a bit more competitive now
2) We dont get rolled over by our rivals

1) is it? or is that just a thing people say (each season)
2) Maybe, although are we forgetting how we were rolled over 5-1 by an already relegated side when all we required was a single point.

This should be a question in a GCSE maths paper.

Points may stay the same but performances differ. Over a season its all about who you play and when, injuries and form and so on.

On the logic of the few, we will draw both games to Woolwich because thats what happen last season-in it? Football is not predicable and supporters are fickle - fact. Beating any team that we expect to, I would never put my house on it. One game at a time. We drew two games, away from home. keeps us 1 point off the top and yes, we need to find some better form. is it really that bad or disappointing or our we being unrealistic after 3 months .

We want to feel good being top. what for a week or two. April is when to be up there and on fighting form.

Why is it that we drew last season at West Brom in December and it was a decent result, kept our unbeaten run going, etc. But when we drew with them again at the end of the season, it was disastrous?

For one, we played them away from home in December, just like we did on Saturday. Dropping points to West Brom at the Lane is a poor result for us, but at their place? Less so imo. They are a difficult side to beat. People underestimate West Brom imo, same with Bournemouth, they are solid mid-table sides who don't lose a lot.

To those who think the last couple of games have been decent hard fought results, would you think the same if they happened in May and meant we could no longer win the league?

There are more things at stake here. Both teams we played at their place and one was after Europe and the other after missing pretty much all our players for two weeks due to international duty. If we drop points at the Lane to Bournemouth or West Brom with no midweek International, European or domestic cup distractions I would say that is very poor result indeed, but the two games we just played? Not necessarily imo. If you think those are poor results than we can basically not drop points to any mid-table side or relegation candidate ever again. Just not going to happen. We'll end up losing points against those clubs as well and from those teams I would say West Brom and Bournemouth away is about as hard as it's going to get. Maybe West Ham due to their dislike against us, but that's about it.

They are, but that's exactly why I don't understand the hysterical stuff going on. We are one point off top!

It was a good result.
In all honesty I think you want teams want teams who are also involved in Europe, so that it's a level playing field. Our fitness (at this stage of the season) is generally strong so I think having goons away after we've both played CL is a good outcome, albeit they have the extra days rest (I think). The worst possible is chavs or bin dippers away. Is Chelsea away after CL? Answering my own question: Yes, after Monaco away. Shit.

Agree with you that considering how Bournemouth played, it was a good result. If they play that way against City etc not many teams will get three points. But we still need more in the final third, which might be remedied by Kane coming back rested and on form.

I think people are overreacting to results like yesterday, of course, we didn't show like we could win the game, but there are no easy three points anymore. Bournemouth, although (no disrespect) a small club, they have a great manager (imo) and they're looking up the table rather than down (second season syndrome). I think their place this season will be somewhere between 9th-14th which shows the progress they've done. We're the only side unbeaten in the league after 9 games and still a point off the top so there's nothing to worry about for now.

Yes it is
For one, we played them away from home in December, just like we did on Saturday. Dropping points to West Brom at the Lane is a poor result for us, but at their place? Less so imo. They are a difficult side to beat. People underestimate West Brom imo, same with Bournemouth, they are solid mid-table sides who don't lose a lot.

There are more things at stake here. Both teams we played at their place and one was after Europe and the other after missing pretty much all our players for two weeks due to international duty. If we drop points at the Lane to Bournemouth or West Brom with no midweek International, European or domestic cup distractions I would say that is very poor result indeed, but the two games we just played? Not necessarily imo. If you think those are poor results than we can basically not drop points to any mid-table side or relegation candidate ever again. Just not going to happen. We'll end up losing points against those clubs as well and from those teams I would say West Brom and Bournemouth away is about as hard as it's going to get. Maybe West Ham due to their dislike against us, but that's about it.

They are, but that's exactly why I don't understand the hysterical stuff going on. We are one point off top!
Would you not be happier right now three points clear with a couple of 2-0 wins in the bag than you are after two ropey draws?

Speaking for myself and hopefully a number of the "melters" all I'm saying is we should be targeting six points from the last couple of games. And better performances in attack. On the flip side, getting three points against City was an unexpected bonus, the kind that's the difference between 4th and 1st. Drawing against West Brom and Bournemouth is the difference between 1st and 4th.

Back
Top Bottom