BRENTFORD AT HOME - THURSDAY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Have you ever had a post that wasn't bitching at the ref?

How do you take yourself seriously?
Ref was terrible in first half. He ruined Spurs' morale cheating Tottenham at Palace and sending off Tanganga for barely anything. Thought they are supposed to allow a little bit of contact this season.

Tottenham get the worst refereeing in the whole league. Even Adrian (Woolwich fan) Durham has hinted there might be a conspiracy against Spurs.

It wasn't to be today because Brentford never had a penalty shout. But get back to me to apologise when Spurs get robbed by the anti-semitic anti-Spurs refs and you finally see what I'm seeing.

Anyway, great result and generally good performance especially from Conte, and I hope the Harry Kane-slaggers realise he can miss chances but still help Tottenham score goals as he did.

I support Tottenham and Harry Kane, the last England player Spurs have in the national team and he is the captain which the Spurs-hating media HATE!

I'm not going overboard after this result.
If their right winger was any good we could have suffered after a few of our moves broke down.
Royal is not impressing me and Sanchez is not getting better.
But we have a reasonable set of fixtures coming up and although Conte is not making noises I reckon we could be making a few changes in the Jan window.

Buzzing, couldn't have been any closer to sonny when he got his in!

Skipp was great but has anyone seen our £150m striker recently?
He wasn't brilliant but he did create the 2nd goal with a master pass. in the stadium it was a breathtaking piece of intelligent football. But yes he needs more of these moments.

So our XG was higher than our goals scored tonight.... Quite a few said that the opposite of that is crisis material.

Ref was terrible in first half. He ruined Spurs' morale cheating Tottenham at Palace and sending off Tanganga for barely anything. Thought they are supposed to allow a little bit of contact this season.

Tottenham get the worst refereeing in the whole league. Even Adrian (Woolwich fan) Durham has hinted there might be a conspiracy against Spurs.

It wasn't to be today because Brentford never had a penalty shout. But get back to me to apologise when Spurs get robbed by the anti-semitic anti-Spurs refs and you finally see what I'm seeing.

Anyway, great result and generally good performance especially from Conte, and I hope the Harry Kane-slaggers realise he can miss chances but still help Tottenham score goals as he did.

I support Tottenham and Harry Kane, the last England player Spurs have in the national team and he is the captain which the Spurs-hating media HATE!
I'm not Kane's biggest fan, and I certainly don't see him through rose-tinted specs anymore. But I have noticed this season that he's getting nothing in the way of decisions from nearly every ref. Tonight he was blatantly fouled just outside the box and got nothing, and on another occasion he was fouled but Moss gave it the other way. No coincidence that this has been more evident since Carragher did that piece on him backing into defenders quite legitimately, but inferring otherwise.

I'm not Kane's biggest fan, and I certainly don't see him through rose-tinted specs anymore. But I have noticed this season that he's getting nothing in the way of decisions from nearly every ref. Tonight he was blatantly fouled just outside the box and got nothing, and on another occasion he was fouled but Moss gave it the other way. No coincidence that this has been more evident since Carragher did that piece on him backing into defenders quite legitimately, but inferring otherwise.

On the left wing in the first half?

That was utterly pathetic to call that as a foul against Kane!

Last edited:
So our XG was higher than our goals scored tonight.... Quite a few said that the opposite of that is crisis material.

And it was .. we sacked a manager because of it!

Definitely improved chance creation wise, if only because we actually try and push bodies forward and show a bit of energy. Quality is hit and miss, but if you at least have a go, you're obviously far more likely to force the issue. That said Brentford have had their honeymoon and are awful, so far bigger tests to come.

And it was .. we sacked a manager because of it!

Hmmmm.... Probably significantly more to do with the results.

Definitely improved chance creation wise, if only because we actually try and push bodies forward and show a bit of energy. Quality is hit and miss, but if you at least have a go, you're obviously far more likely to force the issue. That said Brentford have had their honeymoon and are awful, so far bigger tests to come.

A few decent chances that I doubt registered on the XG-ometer too.

and it would be great if Kane started to score again :llorishuh:
It’s actually a bit mental that we’re in a position to take fourth place if we beat Norwich (19th) and Burnley (18th) with Kane scoring one goal all season.

Hopefully a sign that we can see a big leap in performance if we play up to our potential.

Much more organised today and kept working hard defensively. Not the most entertaining game but we did enough and should have scored another probably. Kane’s shooting was dreadful but he worked hard for the team. Brentford were however as bad a team as I’ve seen against us in the PL. Excellent progress in a short space of time. In Conte I very much trust!

:contefists:

Hmmmm.... Probably significantly more to do with the results.

A few decent chances that I doubt registered on the XG-ometer too.

Well, yeah .. but the bad results were in large part down to our inability to create a thing, the crisis people were talking about was real. We were horrifically bad at manufacturing opportunities to get shots away, it was actually bizarre.

Yeah, we did well enough. You can see players are becoming more comfortable within the setup.

Nice Culture Club reference.

Shame about the "should of"

Soccer-yellow-Card.jpg
I can't helps How's I wuz bought up.
:nawty:

Back
Top Bottom