Brentford vs Tottenham Hotspur. Saturday the 23rd of April at 17:30 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly after Contes choices the last two matches I think most of us here could have done better.

Why wait 80 minutes before making a sub when we have zero shots on target? Why continue playing the same XI when we continue to struggle? Why not use more attackers? Why be so fucking cautious when a win is needed?
I'm not usually critical of the manager's selection, because I appreciate that he watches the players day in and day out. However I don't understand why he doesn't give Berg and Lucas a decent amount of time off the bench, when we're struggling up front!

Reading some of the tweets regarding tomorrow's match, you'd be forgiven for thinking we were in a relegation battle. Fuck me, we have the most fragile fan base going.

We've been on a solid run, and made top 4 ours to lose. Brighton was shit, but it happens. Win tomorrow and everyone will be laughing again.

Just get on with it and enjoy the season.

Our season hinged on Matt Doherty.

Matt. Fucking. Doherty.

CreativeHotIzuthrush-size_restricted.gif

We didn’t deserve a point but we got one. Unfortunately we have lost all authority after these last two games.

We’ve been figured out and Conte isn’t reacting. Every minute we play with Emerson in the XI is a waste of our time.

you know you just made all that up, don't you?

That's what you believe happened

Well yeah, I wrote it so it’s what I believe. Does that really need to be specified?

If you read Poch’s book you will hear how much he believes in “universal energy” and destiny. Losing that final after the many miracles it took to get there would have been a huge blow to his psyche. Let’s not forget that he was already talking about walking away from Tottenham before the final was played, he talked about how it would be perfect to win the CL with Tottenham and then move on.

The words of Poch himself:

“I think it was very difficult to accept the way the game went,” he said in quotes reported by The Sun.

“I was so disappointed afterwards. It was difficult to stop crying, to stop feeling bad.

“When you prepare for three weeks with the responsibility and in the way we did, and worked, with all the staff and players. We were very focused.

“I think we were convinced and I was convinced that the final was going to go our way. That was completely in our minds. But no one is prepared after 30 seconds of the Champions League final to concede like that.”

“But I knew after five years and with the way we were working, all the things that happened, it was going to be difficult to change a little bit in our minds and to stay open to design another plan, or a strategy to build again, a different chapter.

“A different project was going to be difficult to maintain — to keep improving.”

“I said to Daniel that we finished in the way that no one wanted but the end, because of our commitment, our emotion and our feeling — in football — it needed to happen,” the former Southampton boss admitted.

So it’s all there, in his words. He didn’t have the appetite for another 5 year project at Tottenham after the way the last season went. It was clear during the first months of the 19/20 season that the fire had gone out of his eyes. The whole team was not mentally right. We are only now beginning to get some real confidence back now that Conte is here.

I rushed my dinner to watch that pile of dog's doo-doo and missed out on dessert!!!!
The effort levels have been atrocious the last couple of games, that's what pisses me off most of all!

This is an absolute must win after today's result. We looked slow, lethargic and disinterested. It's like we completely took our foot off the gas.

Maybe Conte being a little more distant with Covid and the players being given a few days off really went to our heads! I think we need the stick approach this week over the carrot!

With United playing Liverpool on Tuesday and Woolwich playing Chelsea on wed - Pool and Chelsea wins would go a long way for a bit of breathing space.

Brentford are currently the only team Kane has faced in the PL without scoring, equally this is the only PL ground Kane has played in without scoring.

We didn't register a single shot on target today, that's a concern.

COYS

Shouldn’t we be all of the above as well with our super coach?

He has us 3rd in the form table since he took over and we're the top scorers in the whole league through 2022. Game vs Brighton was an awful performance but we've clearly seen what having a 'super coach' can do vs being managed by a Nuno.

Oh what stupid stupid cunts we are...

Lose to Brighton at home, yeah... but fucking make up for it the following week you stupid pricks!

Woolwich (no Woolwich, please stop doing that) A R S E N A L won away at Chelsea and at Home against Man Utd in consecutive games.... when's the last time we ever did that?

Right now, they deserve 4th.... and 30 years of fucking pain and turmoil and agony at their filthy despicable dirty corrupt little hands doesn't matter SHIT!

I only WISH the current crap/crop of Spurs players have SUFFERED at the hands of that disgusting filth of a club...

I'm pretty sure the likes of Lloris, Royal, Dier, Bentancur, Kulu, Davies, Hoijberg, Romero, Sessegnon, Son, Kane or Moura were ridiculed and spat on and ripped the piss out of for nigh on half a generation by a filthy bunch of smug gooner cunts... maybe if they were, they'd know what this means... and what the implications are...

right now, if we don't beat them to 4th, the last 4-5 years are worth fuck all... 'cos in the brief time when we WERE above them, we STILL didn't win shit...
when THEY were above US for all those years, they won the fucking LOT!
that's the difference!

Fucking football hates us.... and that's fine, 'cos right now, I hate fucking football!

Let the MONEY RICH OIL BARONS AND NAZIS WIN THE FUCKIONG LOT... they hate the Jews, and by virtue, hate Spurs... THEY ALWYAS HAVE.
we're hated, I get that.... I get it now. We'll never get anything from anyone EVER.... not while the people who own and run football are who they are...

I just WISH we had the guts and the bollocks about us to do something in SPITE of that... rather than bow down to our stooping grovelling Jewish lot and accept our fate as the hated tribe of the world.

WELL FUCK THAT! I WANT FUCKING REVENGE.... I WANNA SEE EVERY ANTI-SEMITIC NAZI CUNT WHO HAS EVER LAUGHED AT US, AND SEIG HEILED AT US, AND MOCKED US PAY THEIR JEWS/DUES!

the last 25-30 years on=f my life were tainted by the fucking scum cunt club a r s e n a l... they won everything in sight, and laughed, and gloated and cunted their way to success while we watched on... helpless.

well I thought we'd stopped being helpless... apparently not... we're just as succumbing, and allowing, and submissive as we ever were... we can't do shit to stop them. We've had our chances, and blown them every time....

yes, we might win a few more games this season, we'll almost certainly lose a few... but to NOT take advantage today when we had the chance... especially after last week, coupled with this...
Well that smacks of a group of players who either hate the club and the fans they're playing for...
or are too stupid and weak to actually do anything about it if they do!

WIN today was the requisite.... nothing more, nothing less.
A 90th minute fluke would've done it.... but nooooo, you're so beneath that.

let the gooner scum have their glory.... you REALLY hate us so much you're prepared to let them have that...?

FUCKING AT LEAST GIVE A SHIT SPURS... or don't fucking bother.

* Morning after EDIT:

I may have used UPPER CASE and the word 'Jew' a little too much yesterday...

I might have been a little pissed...off!

Last edited:
We’ll fluke a league or FA Cup eventually, but I think the club will never again reach the consistency, quality of football, and high-level success of Pochettino’s years here. I think we topped out what the club’s capacity those years and I don’t expect to ever see better.

This isn’t a bring back Poch post, I loved his time here and will always view him positively but I don’t think he can recreate the magic again. He’s a good, not great manager. More than anything he was a perfect match for that group of players.

But everything went right at the club with that squad. We brought the captain of England through our academy. We bought Rose, Alli, Dier, and Walker as homegrown teenagers who cost a combined £11m and became immense players and regular internationals. Lloris, Eriksen, Toby, Vertonghen, Dembele and Wanyama all cost £15m or less. Hell Son was only £22m.

We had an unprecedented run of successful purchases and academy successes and we had some great years, a champions league final, but never actually won anything. We’ve seen in the subsequent years that what we did with player acquisition wasn’t replicable. Getting those players for those prices was miraculous.

I don’t see everything aligning like that for us again. We squandered our golden generation and now are just running on those fumes. I don’t expect to see anything as good for decades.

Back
Top Bottom