Brentford vs Tottenham Hotspur. Saturday the 23rd of April at 17:30 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you think I know her real name is Rita Crudgington

In the interest of not being a liar , or being terribly caddish I have to admit I have never met Rita / Cheryl . I used to work with a guy who went to school with her who told me her real name.
I knew her when she was a meter maid.

Are you saying

You gotta speed it up
Then you gotta slow it down
’cause if you believe that our team can hit the top
you’re going to get let down

Little known fact Cheryl Baker’s real name is Rita Crudgington
Many moons ago me and my cousin were on a motoring holiday in Ireland at the same time as Bucks Fizz were touring. We had a nice car and he had blonde hair and we were chased in it a couple of times by girls wrongly thinking he was in the group.

I personally think Brentford will be easier than Brighton. The way they play will be right in our favour

I‘m sure Chelsea thought it would be easy too but they got destroyed 4-1 in their own stadium. They also easily bitchslapped West Ham at home last week.

If we start the match the way we started against Newcastle, Villa and Brighton we are guaranteed to lose.

Brentford don't have the steel of Bissouma, Mwepu, Caicedo in their midfield. I thought we'd do better than we did, but I was worried going in that the midfield three Brighton have played the last two games is so vastly improved from what they've had for the bulk of this season. They didn't allow any decisive passing to come from Benta, Romero or Davies, and we know it's not coming from either wingback. Don't think we'll be nearly as dull going forward, but still a tough game given the form they're in.

They will outplay us. The question is can we create enough and be clinical with the chances we make.

Amazing but probably true.

It's not just Conte but a succession of managers since Pochettino.

Literally every team appears to play it better, have greater possession etc. I know it's obviously not always like that but it's just bizarre that we don't dominate teams.

It can't just be the players.

Literally every team appears to play it better, have greater possession etc. I know it's obviously not always like that but it's just bizarre that we don't dominate teams.

It is mainly the players. We just dont have many that are comfortable on the ball so struggle to dominate as we keep giving the ball away. Its got progressively worse because of the players we've bought over the last few years, Doc, Emerson, Reggi, Hojbjerg, Moura, Sanchez are all technically so poor. Its why we're best on the break using Sons pace and Kanes vision. Hopefully we've started to turn the corner with Romero and Kulusevski but we need a lot more like that.

This is probably the most important game of the run in both Man U and Woolwich a more likely to drop more points this week than any other week available we need to win period.

This is probably the most important game of the run in both Man U and Woolwich a more likely to drop more points this week than any other week available we need to win period.

Not even sure it helps or hinders us knowing all the other results will be in by the time we play.

What is clear is that 2 Woolwich wins would be even worse than 2 United wins but only just.

A curve ball is on its way though. You can nearly smell it.

Tactics of generally sitting back and letting the other team come at us with out actually stopping them from creating chances. We have 7 defenders really yet we are actually cannot prevent opposition from creating chances. Strange how other teams can do it and also attack. It’s ok against some teams like dipppers and citeh but surely v lower half trans we should dominate. I think Burnley when they beat us had a fair amount of possession and created chances. Think we created f all.

Back
Top Bottom