Brentford vs Tottenham Hotspur. Saturday the 23rd of April at 17:30 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Watched the game with some pals. Sometimes I wonder if we get wrapped up in Tottenham too much and become hypercritical. Yesterday however everyone picked up on the lack of effort and urgency. I would rather we lost trying to get 3 points then that insipid display. Worrying this is happening towards the end of the season.

And after getting ourselves into such a good position and now we’ve nearly blown it

I was thinking about this earlier and was left wondering if Doc somehow was the glue that held it all together. It would make some sense as he’s the only RWB we’ve got, and the only one who’s somewhat effective as neither of the LWB do all that much.
Imagine even thinking that a few months ago...
doherty-matt-doherty.gif

I know we all laugh at this, but honest to god why is a player in the premier league making a pass as poor as that? It was one of the most extreme examples in the game, but passing is one of the most basic skills players should be able to perform and it was shit all over the field yesterday.

Defensive teams have got our number now. The just sit deep, break up play early before we can build anything.

We start getting frustrated and impulsive, making mistakes which they capitalise on.

Brighton did that to city last week first half. City have enough individual talent to break through.

We don't.

What I found a concern yesterday conte brought on moura with 5 mins to go. That weren't enough time for him to make an impact. He got that free kick by edge of box but he should have come on way earlier. Even tried kulu on left. Poor performance from everyone including the management.

What I found a concern yesterday conte brought on moura with 5 mins to go. That weren't enough time for him to make an impact. He got that free kick by edge of box but he should have come on way earlier. Even tried kulu on left. Poor performance from everyone including the management.
If he brought him on earlier we would have been more vulnerable on the counter, he decided to bring him on once Brentford started to let us have the ball and parked the bus around the 80th min.

Defensive teams have got our number now. The just sit deep, break up play early before we can build anything.

We start getting frustrated and impulsive, making mistakes which they capitalise on.

Brighton did that to city last week first half. City have enough individual talent to break through.

We don't.

It doesn't really matter what we label them

We are the bloody problem here.

Conte is a good manager, but playing for single goal wins simply don't work in the PL. Full stop.

Back
Top Bottom