Brighton (A) 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you're talking about orgasms.... then take as many as you can get!

Yes, but rarely do they happen by themselves.... There's usually a certain amount of endevour involved, no?

So like I say... Practical issues presumably apply.

Is there actually a handbook that they pass out to you when you become a professional? Because if I could get my hands on some sweet ass cliches that made the majority of people forget how sh*t I was and believe that I will be better in the future then the drinks are on the house.

Tbh, having read some of the comments; it's made me realise what a bunch of cynical bastards you all are! :dembelelol:

Meanwhile, Liverpool get their regular get out of jail card from a dive in extra time. Unbelievable how the red carpet is laid out for them. I'm also guessing over Christmas new year their scheduling will be as good as it can get.

Meanwhile, Liverpool get their regular get out of jail card from a dive in extra time. Unbelievable how the red carpet is laid out for them. I'm also guessing over Christmas new year their scheduling will be as good as it can get.
I know but we should learn how to play the media game like they do. It's a disgrace but it's no lottery.

I know but we should learn how to play the media game like they do. It's a disgrace but it's no lottery.

I know they have a lot of 'friends' in the media and that punditry is awash with their former players, but what do you mean... How does one get 'in' on that?

I know they have a lot of 'friends' in the media and that punditry is awash with their former players, but what do you mean... How does one get 'in' on that?
God only knows on the punditry but I've only ever heard journalists talk in glowing terms about 2 clubs and their relationships with the press. Citeh and the dippers. Access to players and management, treatment on game days. It won't buy you a title but no way it doesn't influence. Liverpool penalty today - let's see how it's treated in the back pages.

God only knows on the punditry but I've only ever heard journalists talk in glowing terms about 2 clubs and their relationships with the press. Citeh and the dippers. Access to players and management, treatment on game days. It won't buy you a title but no way it doesn't influence. Liverpool penalty today - let's see how it's treated in the back pages.

We've got a manager and (some) players that many would argue do too much talking in the media already.

It seems that most relish coming to our swish new stadium so I assume the hospitality isn't too bad....

The media themselves don't award penalties... Thought you had something a bit more tangible in mind.

Why does the carpet have to be red as well ??
Unbelievable luck....

We've got a manager and (some) players that many would argue do too much talking in the media already.

It seems that most relish coming to our swish new stadium so I assume the hospitality isn't too bad....

The media themselves don't award penalties... Thought you had something a bit more tangible in mind.
Like malware? No. This is the era of marginal gains, but gains there definitely are.

If you think our current predicament is down to one player as you’re clearly alleging now then you’re a bigger pratt than I gave you credit for

I’ve just watched the MOTD highlights too

Sissoko seemed to be putting a shift in giving 100% effort despite playing way out of position

Can you say the same for Lamela (shocking today), CE, Kane, Toby, Hugo (all he had to do was tip that poor cross over)?

This schtick is wearing fucking thin. They even singled him out on MOTD for the second goal.

Is putting a 100% shift in ducking out the way of the fucking ball so they can cross in to score ? Sissoko's 100% was no better than anyone else's. His lack of bollocks and effort cost us at least one goal directly, just like it dis against Newcastle, the dopey fucking twonk. He covered less ground, saw less ball, made less tackles and interceptions than Eriksen, so why is Sissoko fucking 100% better? It fucking isn't, its bollocks, just like the hyperbolic nonsense spouted about him every week by muppets.

He was fucking shit today. As he is most weeks. Of course not everything's his fault, but Poch's continual picking of a player with his footballing limitations, mental and physical, is major contributory factor in our downfall. Major.

He's emblematic of everything that's wrong with this side. Stupid, Lazy and fucking inept.

This schtick is wearing fucking thin. They even singled him out on MOTD for the second goal.

Is putting a 100% shift in ducking out the way of the fucking ball so they can cross in to score ? Sissoko's 100% was no better than anyone else's. His lack of bollocks and effort cost us at least one goal directly, just like it dis against Newcastle, the dopey fucking twonk. He covered less ground, saw less ball, made less tackles and interceptions than Eriksen, so why is Sissoko fucking 100% better? It fucking isn't, its bollocks, just like the hyperbolic nonsense spouted about him every week by muppets.

He was fucking shit today. As he is most weeks. Of course not everything's his fault, but Poch's continual picking of a player with his footballing limitations, mental and physical, is major contributory factor in our downfall. Major.

He's emblematic of everything that's wrong with this side. Stupid, Lazy and fucking inept.

I wouldn't exactly call that vindication of your wholesale denigration of every single second the guy's been on the pitch over the last 18 months. I take it they didn't blame him for Lloris's howler, like you did?

How many tackles this week Blakey?

1... Half?

I ask because I saw 3 in one sequence of play alone with my very own eyes....

The Spanish philosopher, Santayana, said, " Those who cannot remember the past are forever condemned to repeat it". I think Poch is a perfect example. He just never ever learns or looks inward at where the problems might be. Without this type of introspection, he will eventually destroy any club he leads regardless of the available talent. For this reason alone, he should go before the destruction process is complete.
That is exactly what I am seeing, it’s destruction and he doesn’t care less while earning millions.
It’s getting hard to believe a manager can not improve the situation with the players he’s got at his disposal.

I compare him with Rafa who publicly was asking for money to buy players but he was doing a perfect job with the players on the pitch and in the dressing room. I never heard Newcastle supporters criticise the manager or the players , they were giving one hundred percent to the club and don’t remember a single player wanting to leave, there was unity and purpose.

It was a mistake that smacked of him covering his own arse at the expense of the club if truth be told.

I think it was just clumsy sentiment that needn't have been voiced at all tbh.... I don't think it was particularly contrived.

Let's be honest; if that had come to pass.... He'd have left a legend.

I think it was just clumsy sentiment that needn't have been voiced at all tbh.... I don't think it was particularly contrived.

Let's be honest; if that had come to pass.... He'd have left a legend.

True, but how does it make players like Kane feel after he's just committed his playing career, a career that lasts a lot shorter than a management career due to the project dream he's been sold?

Poch started falling into Rose territories with his spouting silly stuff. I heard him comment on the Sissoko extension the over day saying something along the lines with it had nothing to do with him, it was a decision made between the player an drew the club. He should know the media here are pure filth, he should play the game more but continuously chooses not to, even though it's at the detriment to the club and it's going on.

He gets paid handsomely by us, he's probably the best paid manager in the world never to win a trophy for his club. He should value and respect that more than he occasionally seems to in my opinion pal.

True, but how does it make players like Kane feel after he's just committed his playing career, a career that lasts a lot shorter than a management career due to the project dream he's been sold?

Poch started falling into Rose territories with his spouting silly stuff. I heard him comment on the Sissoko extension the over day saying something along the lines with it had nothing to do with him, it was a decision made between the player an drew the club. He should know the media here are pure filth, he should play the game more but continuously chooses not to, even though it's at the detriment to the club and it's going on.

He gets paid handsomely by us, he's probably the best paid manager in the world never to win a trophy for his club. He should value and respect that more than he occasionally seems to in my opinion pal.

Again, I agree.... Like I said "clumsy" and "needn't have been voiced".

Like Rose & Eriksen, he's not played a blinder and has underestimated how much class, integrity and so on is valued on the outside.. Then again, maybe only fans are romantic enough to still think this way. That said, even two days ago he was saying how honest he is in the press; he possibly thinks it's a virtue (plenty of fans made this excuse on Eriksens behalf so there's that too!).

As for Harry or whoever though, I think deep down they won't commit based on the prospect of a manager being there 'forever'; it's a bit of a romantic notion in today's game. By this time he'd already made it known he'd like to manage RM, PSG & Argentina at some point. There's also the fact that managerial contracts represent a different kind of commitment to that of a player (i.e. no transfers)....

Back
Top Bottom