Brighton (A) 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hate 12.30 kick offs.
Swear we are always poor in them, then the rest of the weekend of sport is ruined for me.
BT Sport 4k fucks about whenever Spurs are playing too.

We go there and scrape a win I think. We call it gritty and determined. It cheers us up a bit, and Kane bags a brace. The optimism returns... for now

Fair comment.
I put Winks in just because he's one of the few players that actually seems to give a shit.
I give a shit.... but I'd be a lousy midfielder for Spurs.
Giving a shit should be a given, not a criteria for selection!
Agree with that totally. Hes 100% Spurs but needs a rest IMO. Useful option from the bench?
I too think he's been overloaded with expectation...
He's not Dembele's replacement, and shouldn't be expected to be... (in fact Dembele is pretty irreplaceable, hence 3 players being asked to do 1 man's job!!)

Maybe we need to go back to having a manager with less letters in his surname!

The BIGGEST concern for me in the short term is holding onto that core of players who we need for the next 3 or 4 years.

There are a number who I will miss in that weird fan kind of way but most can easily be replaced.

The concern is whether we are drifting inexorably towards average status and what that brings.

This game won,'t give us real answers.

Maybe we need to go back to having a manager with less letters in his surname!

The BIGGEST concern for me in the short term is holding onto that core of players who we need for the next 3 or 4 years.

There are a number who I will miss in that weird fan kind of way but most can easily be replaced.

The concern is whether we are drifting inexorably towards average status and what that brings.

This game won,'t give us real answers.
Do you mean like 'Nicholson' or 'Burkinshaw'?
...or more like 'Jol' 'Ramos' or 'Gross'???

Besides, you don't get any extra revenue on shirt letters!

If we have 11 on the field at the full-time whistle we should get the 3 points rather comfortably.

We shit the bed against Colchester and then won a man down against Southampton.

We shit the bed against Bayern last night but I see no reason why we can't win Saturday at Brighton.

International break again seems to be working in our favor. We come back and win against Watford and its 17 points from 9 matches going to Liverpool. Not the worst position to be in.

We'll work was fun everyone ripping into me, great.

I want to see changes

Aurier won't start but shouldn't at all, done with him now which is sad because he's a good player but an idiot.

Winks has played too many games back to back and was sloppy so should start on the bench.

Lloris
Sissoko - Foyth - Jan - Davies
Dier - Ndombele
Lucas - Lamela - Son
Kane

Turned down a ticket and weekend in Brighton... yet instead going to Orfordness (Suffolk) to visit the Lighthouse.

I think I've made the correct call. Breezy wet walk or a south coast sesh.

Did KWP suffer a setback? He should really be starting on the right Saturday. Seems like a good match to utilize his ability to get forward.

Big team selection for Pochettino and a big performance required from the players that play in what should be a routine win under normal circumstances but is anything but that on Saturday .
A defeat could be the end for the manager.

Last edited:
Meh.

Play Dier please - he may have the turning circle of a shipping liner, but he can play DM for us.

Push Ndombele forward.
His positioning sense defensively in the middle is just miles better than anyone else on the team, even if he's the definition of a 6/10 player. Ndombele has good positioning as well but we need him looking forward, as you say. We don't have anyone else that can reliably play as a 6, and it's pretty clear we need one. We even played one when we were 3 at the back in 2016/17.

If we have 11 on the field at the full-time whistle we should get the 3 points rather comfortably.

We shit the bed against Colchester and then won a man down against Southampton.

We shit the bed against Bayern last night but I see no reason why we can't win Saturday at Brighton.

International break again seems to be working in our favor. We come back and win against Watford and its 17 points from 9 matches going to Liverpool. Not the worst position to be in.

You can nearly guess what's coming on Saturday.

What bet a red card for us in the first 20 mins?

It says much that we can grab the headlines from a United squad who have had their worst start for 30 years.

Saturday will be worrying even if we are 2 up but 11 men on the pitch at the end - what odds???

You can nearly guess what's coming on Saturday.

What bet a red card for us in the first 20 mins?

It says much that we can grab the headlines from a United squad who have had their worst start for 30 years.

Saturday will be worrying even if we are 2 up but 11 men on the pitch at the end - what odds???
Like 99%? Come on, Aurier isn't playing - that reduces red card odds by like 90% alone.

Hoping we see -

Lloris; Walker-Peters, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Davies; Dier, Ndombele; Eriksen, Lamela, Son; Kane

Ditch the diamond, have Dier play like a HB like he used to, let Walker-Peters and Davies push up, interchange the 3 behind Kane throughout the game. I'm hoping the embarrassment of last night will lead to a ditching of the diamond, but we'll see.

What i'm hoping for...

Hugo
KWP - Sanchez - Foyth - Davies
Ndombele - Dier - Winks
Lamela/Lucas - Kane - Son

What i'm expecting

Sanchez - Toby - Foyth - Rose
Ndombele - Dier - Sissoko
Eriksen
Kane - Son

Our tempo seems to slow down to a crawl whenever Winks is not on the pitch though, not sure about leaving him out especially against a weaker side.

Our tempo seems to slow down to a crawl whenever Winks is not on the pitch though, not sure about leaving him out especially against a weaker side.
That's fine, but you can't play him at the base of a diamond. It's just not his game. CM with a Holding midfielder next to him maybe, but he's just not a DM no matter how much Poch wants him to be.

Back
Top Bottom