Brighton (A) 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gatsby

95:02
We need to move on quickly. The team and Poch owe the fans a win and good performance after Inter and now travelling to Brighton.

- Vorm -
- Trippier - Alderweireld- Vertonghen - Rose -
- Wanyama - Dembele -
- Lucas - Eriksen - Son -
- Kane -
Lamela, Winks and Dele as options if all fit.

A draw is no good, losing is unacceptable.

Kane is fucked and needs a rest, Son is almost in the same boat I feel although what option do we have if Alli not fit?

I'd start this team.

- Vorm -
- Trippier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose -
- Winks - Dembele -
- Lamela - Eriksen - Son/Dele -
- Lucas -​

Genuinely no idea how we are going to line up. Pochettino has changed his line up every single week. Our defence has been different in our last 4 games, 3 of which we've lost. I know exactly how I'd line up but I have no idea what Poch is going to do. Keep playing the out of form Dier? Keep playing out of form Kane? Likely.

I'd go with:

Vorm
Aurier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Wanyama - Dembele
Eriksen - Lamela - Lucas
Son

Genuinely no idea how we are going to line up. Pochettino has changed his line up every single week. Our defence has been different in our last 4 games, 3 of which we've lost. I know exactly how I'd line up but I have no idea what Poch is going to do. Keep playing the out of form Dier? Keep playing out of form Kane? Likely.

I'd go with:

Vorm
Aurier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Wanyama - Dembele
Eriksen - Lamela - Lucas
Son

Kane won’t be dropped. If Dele is back we’ll see a better Kane, they have a very good partnership.

Kane needs to be dropped and rested because his performances have been way below anything acceptable. And to send a message everyone needs to perform to stay in the team.

We REALLY need to win or the atmosphere is going to get really toxic around the club.

Vorm; Aurier, Toby, Jan, Rose; Dembele, Wanyama; Eriksen, Lucas, Lamela; Son

This whole fatigue subject is driving me bonkers, we just need a big performance with a few goals to shut people up and restore some confidence.

The way we lost tonight will be difficult to get over but it’s certainly not too late to turn this shit show around.

I love Poch. I think he has been the best thing to happen to us in many, many years.

However, at which point does his position become under threat? Brighton are plucky, hard working and pose threats - we didn’t exactly turn them over at their ground last season. This will NOT be an easy game. Players are out of form, not all seem up for anything and Vorm couldn’t catch herpes from a herpes-riddled whore if he went in multiple times a day.

I hope it’s nothing but I’m starting to sense a real issue.

Last edited:
Fuck knows what to expect for this match, but the pressure’s really on and we only have ourselves to blame.

To dare is to do? What a fucking joke.
Damn right...i already know we are gonna fuck this game up...im starting to worry poch may be on his way.......well done levy.................cunt........................

Back
Top Bottom