Brighton (A) 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Read a whole load of newspaper reports on 'what might have been' ... how Spurs 'might have collapsed' if Brighton had scored earlier, how Brighton 'might' have scored more from just the four decent chances they created ... how a blatant hand ball 'might' not have been given ...

But the truth is more what 'might' have been, is that a more confident Spurs would have won by three or four goals in a game we dominated pretty much from start to finish ...

Were we great? no far from it, but we worked hard, did the basics right, and ground out an important win ...

What this 'might' be is the game that got our season back on track ... let's hope so ....

Last edited:
The Multi The Multi will tell you that the best treatment for fatigue is not resting, and playing two games a week

:goonermong:
I said we were out of form and tired and we'd lose to Liverpool Sammy. I was 100% correct. Are you going to bring this up every game? In May when we win a game are you still going to be trying to cover for your embarrassment but posting 'ha ha, the multi said we'd lose to Liverpool in September, but we've actually just beaten Huddersfield in May. Another win for Sammy!"

Berry berry happy with that result.

The performance was very up and down (and sideways...and backwards...), but considering the context it’s great to get the win. A team low on confidence, a team with a great home record, horrible conditions, we were certainly up against it.

I don’t want to analyse it too much. We miss Dele a lot, and Eriksen still looks uncharacteristically sloppy, but there were still some positive signs.

The biggest being a brief return of the real Kane. I think a few fans were starting to worry that he was gone for good due to injuries and overplaying, but at least we now know that he’s still capable of playing like that. Interesting that his best spell was in the last 10-15 minutes, which suggests that it’s not necessarily fatigue that’s the issue. Maybe it’s a tactical adjustment to playing alongside Lucas Moura (as others pointed out, Kane cane alive once he went off), or maybe it’s simply a case of being afforded more space whilst Brighton went all out to get back into the game.

Either way, it was great to see a glimpse of the dynamic attacking threat we all know and love. He’s seemed a bit gloomy since the World Cup, but in his post-match interview he seemed buzzing again. That makes me feel a lot more positive about this season.

Special mention to Lamela and a wonderful team goal. It gets better every time I see it, and Lamela took it well. I know some argue that maybe he’s best as a super sub, but nobody can deny that when it comes to fighting for a starting position, he’s using his playing time to good effect.

Oh and I’m loving the green away kit. Feels weird seeing us in that colour, but it’s one of the nicest kits we’ve had in a long time.
Agree with everything apart from the kit remark, still looks like the colour has run in the wash. ;)

I really don't know where to post this but I would just like to say to "Spurs Tv Joe 90
the lady Impressions and the rest please stop now you are embarrassing our club no more.
tenor.gif

Read a whole load of newspaper reports on 'what might have been' ... how Spurs 'might have collapsed' if Brighton had scored earlier, how Brighton 'might' have scored more from just the four decent chances they created ... how a blatant hand ball 'might' not have been given ...

But the truth is more what 'might' have been, is that a more confident Spurs would have won by three or four goals in a game we dominated pretty much from start to finish ...

Were we great? no far from it, but we worked hard, did the basics right, and ground out an important win ...

What this 'might' be is the game that got our season back on track ... let's hope so ....
They never 'might've' when Liverpool grind out a win.

tenor.gif

One out better performances this season. First half we dominated, and deserved to be ahead. Dembele was very good first half, controlled the midfield.

Second half dropped off a bit, but I never really thought we were uncomfortable. Good performance from Gazzaniga, personally I think he’s ahead of Vorm now.

Cracking second goal, sums up how Tottenham play. Lamela is looking good at the moment. Nice to see Kane getting some shots off and running at players, his confidence is growing. Rose was brilliant all game. Son I think just needs a bit more time getting up to speed after his Asia Games exploits.

Individual ratings

Gazzaniga - 7
Trippier - 7.5
Alderweireld - 7
Vertonghen - 7
Rose - 8
Dier - 6.5
Dembele - 7.5
Son - 6.5
Eriksen - 7
Lucas - 7
Kane 7
——
Lamela - 7.5
Dele - Not much time to judge off.

I said we were out of form and tired and we'd lose to Liverpool Sammy. I was 100% correct. Are you going to bring this up every game? In May when we win a game are you still going to be trying to cover for your embarrassment but posting 'ha ha, the multi said we'd lose to Liverpool in September, but we've actually just beaten Huddersfield in May. Another win for Sammy!"
The force is strong with you, you have a gift to see the future.

:avbshit:

sammyspurs sammyspurs Honestly can't read through everything. You admit Kane played well? or is he too much of a fanboy for you? Did he run enough to satisfy you.

Thankfully the majority of fans are not you. BTW I know you think you are a good person. Everyone does, but you are not. I am going to get this off my tits. you are a selfish weirdo. :dembelefingers: block me

Maybe you should have read through everything.....

Last ten saw the old Kane, very encouraging

Awkward

Conveniently forgetting that you predicted the defeat because of poor form due to fatigue due to the midweek England games.

No rest since then, but the players are looking better and better. Looked sharp against Inter and sharp yesterday.
Fatigue seems to be wearing off the more they play with no rest.

How odd

They never 'might've' when Liverpool grind out a win.

tenor.gif
In fact we were distinctly told by all last weekend's reports NOT to cling onto the "WHAT IF Son had been awarded a pen in the last minut?" as solice...
We weren't even allowed to discuss or speculate on it, BECAUSE Liverpool won, and "what ifs? don't win points"
... so yes, the media (in that report anyway) are totally adopting double standards!
....mind you, what if Southampton had've scored FOUR in the last 5 mins yesterday... woulda been quite the wake up call for Liverpool, eh?

I am just relieved my weekend was saved.

Last 2 minutes was poor because that is game management.

We looked like we are getting there and any confidence issues or anxiousness wholly expected.

I will wait to see if we dismantle Watford, Huddersfield and Cardiff before committing to saying we have turned the corner.

I do sense that we might thump someone soon. In saying that I thought United would do that to Wolves - far from it.

Our best is yet to come but we need to hang onto the coat tails of Liverpool, Chelsea and City with next weekend giving us that chance.

Hairy’s Thoughts

1. Much improved on the passing, but I still hate the play it out of the back at all cost mentality.
2. Love the high press and running down the back passes th the keeper. This cause errant clearances and opens up quick counters.
3. Good to see Harry with some pep. He broke loose several times, creating his own space which I haven’t seen in weeks, if not months. Should of had 2 or 3.
4. Rose played well in the attack, but his defending was shit, not getting back, the Brighton goal was all him.
5. Gaz >> The Worm
6. Lamela should be in the starting formation, some how some way.
7. Still like the Lucas/Kane pairing. Like a fillet and a Merlot

I prefer a Malbec with my fillet :pochsmirk:

Conveniently forgetting that you predicted the defeat because of poor form due to fatigue due to the midweek England games.

No rest since then, but the players are looking better and better. Looked sharp against Inter and sharp yesterday.
Fatigue seems to be wearing off the more they play with no rest.

How odd
How do you know that Poch didn't give them two days off? Or focus on tactical work after Inter?
Maybe you should get into greyhound racing, it's a much simpler sport, it'd suit you

Think it's just because they start writing their reports on what they think is going to happen and are then too lazy to start again.

Back
Top Bottom