Brighton (A) 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Glen Hoddle talking great sense in the post match chat.
Virtually echoing everything I've been arguing for these past few years.
Top man, Glen.
He completely contradicts himself though.
GH: Investment needed in the team
HR: Who do you buy that make the team better
GH: Must spend
HR: Who do you buy that will strengthen the team?
GH: Kane needs to be pushed, new striker
HR: Who do you buy that wants to sit on the bench behind Kane?
GH: There are loads of players in the Championship and League 1
Wait WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU SAYING NOW GLENN?
GH: Need to spend £40-£50m on a player
HR: Sanchez was £48m
GH: Silence..........Yes he's good
OH: Need to spend £70m on a Brazilian left winger (Quite why so specific God only knows)
HR: They bought Lucas
OH/GH: Yes someone like him, he's good
(Buy this time I'm rolling on the floor laughing, you couldn't make this shit up. It really is like on here. No one ever says who would push us on, when after pushing for ages, they make a suggestion and agree that a) money was spent b) and on the very type of player that was suggested).
GH: Must win a trophy, that Trophy is so important it will push the team on to win the league. (then talks about his time winning a trophy with us, failing to mention that this didn't actually push the team on to win the league. Not much of an argument that Glenn is it!!!? He did mention that we were on track for a triple which we failed in winning any of them. Not much of an argument again Glenn.

Everyone agreed that this team is capable of winning a trophy. So do I.

GH: Kane needs to be pushed, new striker
HR: Who do you buy that wants to sit on the bench behind Kane?
GH: There are loads of players in the Championship and League 1

Oh, we've been here before

19233-zoom.jpg

Oh, we've been here before

19233-zoom.jpg
It's just his whole rhetoric was to spend on a big signing, then literally out of the blue pops up with a championship or League 1 player as the solution. He's talking absolute shite.

If he just stays on the same path and said get Messi or Aguero his argument would be credible. (Subsequent argument follows about affording them etc but at least it's not talking utter bollocks).

It's just his whole rhetoric was to spend on a big signing, then literally out of the blue pops up with a championship or League 1 player as the solution. He's talking absolute shite.

If he just stays on the same path and said get Messi or Aguero his argument would be credible. (Subsequent argument follows about affording them etc but at least it's not talking utter bollocks).

His suggestion in the 2017 Summer window was Mbappe - I think he just doesn't watch much football any more.

I wouldn't profess to know who we should sign, but if I was going to bring it up live on TV I'd have a few examples up my sleeve!....I'm sure he could just call his agent and ask them if there are any credible names available.

I’m fairly happy with our striker options. Obviously we have one of the best in the world in Kane, but if he was out I’d feel comfortable with Son or even Lucas Moura in a false 9 role. Llorente has been disappointing, but I can understand why we went for him.

Hoddle would have made more sense if he was encouraging the club to spend big on a central midfielder. It’s not a glaring problem as long as Dembele is fit and playing (and not packing his bags for China), but it is a problem.

His suggestion in the 2017 Summer window was Mbappe - I think he just doesn't watch much football any more.

I wouldn't profess to know who we should sign, but if I was going to bring it up live on TV I'd have a few examples up my sleeve!....I'm sure he could just call his agent and ask them if there are any credible names available.
He's all over the place whenever I hear him. Moans like a bitch that young English players don't get a look in. Next breath advocating spending big on an unnamed player, push harder still, this unnamed player is in the Championship or League 1.

I’m fairly happy with our striker options. Obviously we have one of the best in the world in Kane, but if he was out I’d feel comfortable with Son or even Lucas Moura in a false 9 role. Llorente has been disappointing, but I can understand why we went for him.

Hoddle would have made more sense if he was encouraging the club to spend big on a central midfielder. It’s not a glaring problem as long as Dembele is fit and playing (and not packing his bags for China), but it is a problem.
Yep agree there mate.

Love the player, hate the pundit. All he has to do is a bit of research, put some thought into what the fuck he is actually saying but like 90% of pundits I see they just appear to rock up to the studio and take the money.

Last edited:
Yep agree there mate.

Love the player, hate the pundit. All he has to do is a bit of research, put some thought into what the fuck he is actually saying but like 90% of pundits I see they just appear to rock up to the studio and take the money.

He was before my time (though as a kid I watched every Spurs video I could get my hands on, so I got a glimpse of our stars from the 60s, 70s and 80s). We could really do with someone like him in this team.

As a pundit I don’t really rate him, but his love for the club is still very clear.

The back and forth between Harry and Glenn actually made me think how great it would be to have a round table discussion with a selection of Spurs managers. El Tel, Francis, Ossie, Glenn, Jol, Ramos, Harry, AVB, and Pochettino would be one hell of an interesting conversation.

I deliberately left out Graham, Gross, and Sherwood. Santini probably doesn’t remember his time at the club. Pleat can be the host.

I think we play better in the rain, makes the pitch quicker which suits our passing.

We tend to do badly on a dry pitch where the opposition has grown the grass a bit long, or a bobbly pitch without much grass coverage.

I agree, of those conditions you’he mentioned and if we disregard a normal pitch, but it wasn’t easy for the players controlling the ball on ground.

Both Hoddle and Redknapp are relics.

I respect both of them for what they gave to our club but the game has moved on. Tactics, Sports Science, Statistics, Psychology, Formations, Analysis..... Its why neither of them are in management anymore and why we are blessed with their outdated insight and ability to over simplify every talking point to suit their preconception on a regular basis.

Its punditry for the "pacy winger - whip some crosses into the mixer" demographic.

Back
Top Bottom