Brighton (H) - Saturday (16th April) 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd give Doherty a proper rest and cross our fingers everyone else got home unscathed.

Darnswim Darnswim you’ve disturbed my match thread winning streak… You better have some magic in your fingers.

Hopefully Doherty recovers, and Kane’s knock is just impact. Brighton are no pushovers, they’ll create chances. 7 days rest for us is only good news, and a chance to put pressure on those below us with us playing first.

Only his 2nd game and his debut was against us.
Mwepo came back from 3 month injury to help with the draw last game and their win today.
I didn't think BHA were half bad in the away game. Could be a tricky game.

Should be a win for us. They have great possession play and pressing but their finishing is so poor it'll be a similar game to Villa.

The spanking we've been handing out for the last few weeks means that teams like Brighton will be absolutely bricking it even before the game starts. That is a powerful psychological weapon that City and Liverpool have had for a few years now.

Watched the second half of their game against the scum. If they play like they did the last 10 minutes against us they will get destroyed

Hopefully Doherty recovers, and Kane’s knock is just impact. Brighton are no pushovers, they’ll create chances. 7 days rest for us is only good news, and a chance to put pressure on those below us with us playing first.
It's a funny old game, ain't it, Saint?

This will be my dear little granddaughter's first time at WHL. Need a good win, to thoroughly lock her in, ball and chain, for the rest of her life.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Brighton always give us a difficult game, this is going to be tough. I really hope Doherty can start because Emerson is a big problem when he plays. There is never any offensive contribution from him and teams focus on his side because they know he cannot hurt them if they lose the ball there.

Emerson it is. Hopefully conte drills something in to him this week about passing and cut backs because he might aswell just not attempt crosses they are so bad. It’s good we have Kulu on his side though as when Emerson finds him things turn out well.

As for the game it’s a weird one, I’m obviously happy Brighton beat Woolwich but at the same time it’s annoying that Brighton have now broken their bad run of form. I hope we can maintain our winning streak and pile on the pressure.

Quietly confident, we need to make these home games count.

Don’t care the score.
Don’t care how we play.
Get the 3 points.
CL in 2022-23 is MASSIVE for our Club.
Keep Conte. Keep Kane.
Invest around them.
i agreed, but on reflection i do care about how we play.... playing poorly will just raise doubt and unnecessary angst about the following game.

Emerson it is. Hopefully conte drills something in to him this week about passing and cut backs because he might aswell just not attempt crosses they are so bad. It’s good we have Kulu on his side though as when Emerson finds him things turn out well.

As for the game it’s a weird one, I’m obviously happy Brighton beat Woolwich but at the same time it’s annoying that Brighton have now broken their bad run of form. I hope we can maintain our winning streak and pile on the pressure.

lol, ya'll remember when he had remedial training for his crossing? was sort of comical... hope he kept his notes...

In a way, it's better they got the monkey off their back against Dr. Woolwich....

PLUS it means we stay extra vigilant and avoid complacency, cos we know what they CAN do!

Brentford and Brighton/Palace did to Chelsea & Arse what usually happened to us...

Palace, Southampton, Wolves AND Burnley have all beaten us unexpectedly...

We've had that wake up call hopefully... THREE or FOUR times over!

it's someone else's turn... Whilst we get on with not making the same mistake again.

I expect the mood on Saturday to be very upbeat (from BOTH sets of fans!)

Should be a cracker!

Back
Top Bottom