Brighton (H) - Saturday (16th April) 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really haven’t got over the game yet. Unfortunately we have no right to top four after that listless careless display at a time when our players should have been tearing at the bit and going all out.
Disgraceful performance.

I really haven’t got over the game yet. Unfortunately we have no right to top four after that listless careless display at a time when our players should have been tearing at the bit and going all out.
Disgraceful performance.

I just came to check if we actually tried to lob the ball over the Brighton press yet?
It's been almost 72 hours and I'm not sure we have tried that yet, have we?

Agree.

What I didn't understand was why Conte didn't change the system as we were crying out for an extra body in midfield - take a defender off, go 433 and have more options going forward.

Everyone looked like they were on drugs today but I still would've left at least one of Son or Kulu on just for their ability to score/create.

Brighton did close things off well but our passing was so slow and laboured even when we had options - fully expected that to change after half time - and players definitely were not playing the right ball (simple, to feet, the way they were facing), but a preferred ball to a preferred player often ignoring someone who was easier to find.

Being that lifeless is hard to explain but in terms of set up and tactical application I thought Conte showed some inflexibility today which is a cause for concern. I just hope we have not been sussed out and can still get the points we need for fourth. Our upcoming opponents will have seen today's game and will be daft if they don't try something similar. Can we deal with it?
Conte has changed to a back 4 during a game before and added a player in midfield and I agree that would have been a good option yesterday, taking off Royal or Reg, neither of whom were effective. The subs should have been earlier. I think we all knew that it would not be fair sailing and that we would have a bad result soon but I did not foresee it happening v Brighton. Now hopefully this will be a one off and we will get a result against Brentford. We cannot expect our competitors to continue to lose and must win the matches ourselves.
What does he do with the WB's? Not sure that Sess gives much more and the kid on the bench would be a big risk if he starts as would putting one of our attacking players back there. If the RWB is not going to attack much then the LWB must do more a bit like Mourinho had us playing.

We were on a good run and should have bounced into the gane on high. Yet we played as if were scrapping fit a point. Contrast to dippers now who are also on a good run and they carry on. They don’t take their foot off the gas. They play cut throat football and have the crowd bouncing as well. Isn’t that the attitude we want in our game. We need to put pressure on teams especially at home. Some will say we don’t have the players yet when we were winning people said we had a great team and kulu was better than Diaz and so on. Remember Brighton are not a good team so no exscuse to not got at them!

We were on a good run and should have bounced into the gane on high. Yet we played as if were scrapping fit a point. Contrast to dippers now who are also on a good run and they carry on. They don’t take their foot off the gas. They play cut throat football and have the crowd bouncing as well. Isn’t that the attitude we want in our game. We need to put pressure on teams especially at home. Some will say we don’t have the players yet when we were winning people said we had a great team and kulu was better than Diaz and so on. Remember Brighton are not a good team so no exscuse to not got at them!

Hate to break it to you we are not as good as Liverpool hence why they are fighting for the league and us top 4.

We have lost twice in the last 20 games. I know why we got beat by United (Ronaldo) but can't remember the circs of this game.
Who remembers this game?

Back
Top Bottom