Brighton v Tottenham, Wed 16th March, ko 7.30pm - Not on tv.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, it's just as strange as how when spurs lose to Burnley, Southampton, and wolves - - some fans aren't on the forum complimenting our players, manager and ownership.

Absolutely baffles the mind!!

:llorishuh:......"Eh?"

EDIT: So what you're saying is it's right to begrudge our team credit when they deserve it? ....Because people would rather not praise them when they don't deserve it?

#Gymnastics

Last edited:
Can't tell you how important that deflection for the first goal was.

At that point the game was just turgid, slow tempo, meandering away into a likely 0-0 draw or worse 1-0 loss. I was so relieved we got that goal early.

We started well - had a good level of possession and looked like we would score

Then Dier got his head injury and Hojberg gave the ball away a few times and Brighton had a good 15 minutes

Got a bit lucky with the goal and then once it went to 0-2 the game was really beyond Brighton, they just don't have reliable goal scorers

Should have then scored more, Reguilon and Kane had good chance and we should have had a penalty......it's one of those ones that Liverpool or United get and we don't

Anyone got a good replay of the foul on Kane?
I suspect at 0-0 it would have had to have had a longer check but the game was over when it happened.
It was a clear foul and penalty. When it happened is immaterial. Refs do not have the latitude to decide 'the game is over, so I won't award it'. Shocking decision.

However the game should have been over a lot earlier if Reguilion had buried two identical chances set up by two exquisite, cut passes from Kane, Not sure how many chances Reguilion needs to score?

It was a clear foul and penalty. When it happened is immaterial. Refs do not have the latitude to decide 'the game is over, so I won't award it'. Shocking decision.

However the game should have been over a lot earlier if Reguilion had buried two identical chances set up by two exquisite, cut passes from Kane, Not sure how many chances Reguilion needs to score?

They shouldn't but do - just as they never book Xhaka early in the game

Not really sure why you're getting on Reguillon's back. He at least got himself in those postions which gave Brighton something to think about.
Doherty did fuck all the whole match which is more concerning.

As for the penalty appeal, I was watching on a stream and they barely showed it. There was more time on Gayle saying he thought it should have been a penalty than actually showing replays.

Weird, Tony Cottee was 100% sure it was a penalty. It didn't look there was much contact in it tbh but Kane wouldn't normally turn down a shot. Plus at the end the defender and Kane were joking about it; it looked as if Kane was saying "you got away with that one".
I think you mean Tony Gale not Tony Cottee?

Not really sure why you're getting on Reguillon's back. He at least got himself in those postions which gave Brighton something to think about.
Doherty did fuck all the whole match which is more concerning.

As for the penalty appeal, I was watching on a stream and they barely showed it. There was more time on Gayle saying he thought it should have been a penalty than actually showing replays.
Not getting on his back, it's just that I'd expect a pro footballer to bury at least one. Fourth (or sixth place) could easily be decided on GD, and every goal could prove important.

Not getting on his back, it's just that I'd expect a pro footballer to bury at least one. Fourth (or sixth place) could easily be decided on GD, and every goal could prove important.
Some one else was really calling Reguillon out as a non performer during the game as well.
I think some people underestimate the value of pushing the opposition back. Something Doherty can do but failed to last night and Royal never does. Think Reguillon needs a little bit slack as out of our four wing backs he's probably the best and most consistent.

Yeah, it's just as strange as how when spurs lose to Burnley, Southampton, and wolves - - some fans aren't on the forum complimenting our players, manager and ownership.

Absolutely baffles the mind!!
Quite a lot of difference.. Some fans here seem only happy when they can slate the club or bitch.

There are a few but in particualr that Tommy something or other.. When we go a goal down he seems overjoyed and posts on mulptiple occassion and when we lose he is relentless with his, Wankberg, Wanks, Dr Tottenham blah blah blah, he is so excited..His last post on last nights game was 5 mins before we scored, then nothing, no celebration nothing.

If he's a Spurs fan i'll eat my hat. I guess it's only me who's noticed this?

Some one else was really calling Reguillon out as a non performer during the game as well.
I think some people underestimate the value of pushing the opposition back. Something Doherty can do but failed to last night and Royal never does. Think Reguillon needs a little bit slack as out of our four wing backs he's probably the best and most consistent.
I agree he's head and shoulders above the other three and otherwise had a good game last night.

His first thought is to get forward (one of the few that think that way in the team).

It's just he was teed up twice by Kane with identical chances and fluffed both.

GD may haunt us as the end of the season.

It is an incredible record I think he will end up like shearer with an outstanding goal scoring record overall but nothing else to show for it.
I think it is a bit of a shame that possibly the best striker of his generation and all time premier League could end up potless at the end of his career.
I take your point but, in fairness to Shearer, he has a Premier League win.

Back
Top Bottom