Brighton Vs Tottenham - Sun 31st Jan 7:15pm - Live On Sky.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Result

• Brighton Win

Votes: 57 33.1%
  • Spurs Win

Votes: 65 37.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 50 29.1%

• Total voters
No point worrying about it.

Too many more important things in life to worry about this.

At least that will be my take on it.

I have no choice but to support but I can choose to care a little less.
It takes a season like this to realise there ARE more important things in life to worry about...

Health, Happiness and mental well being are key right now... football isn't the be all and end all... we all know that. It's just that in 'normal times', it's easy to forget that it doesn't really matter, and we all get caught up in the ridiculous seriousness of it all...
...but this year, it does actually have a genuine responsibility and an important part to play in peoples' lives. It was supposed to be a mere distraction from the awfulness of the current situation throughout the world ...but if Spurs can't even help alleviate some of that right now, then seriously, I'm struggling to see why i'm worrying about them any more.

I'm a Tottenham fan, and always will be. I have loved them throughout my life, and will continue to do so... I have allowed myself to care more about Spurs than I probably should do at my age... but right now, they're seriously not helping ANYONE'S mental well being, and the worst of it is... I genuinely don't think they care... they really don't realise the responsibility they have week in week out.
I'm not saying we win every game, but at least LOOK LIKE YOU GIVE A FUCKING SHIT about the club you represent, and the club that so many thousands of Spurs fans love, care and think about day and night.

As it is... once the final whistle goes, regardless of the result, when they go home through their electric gates to their luxury pads, and count the 200k+ they've stolen this week, I think they're laughing at sad fucks like us who actually let it AFFECT what their performance (or lack of) has done to our week!!

I don't mean to make light of it, and I know it's not the same thing, it's an analogy, but sometimes, I feel that supporting Spurs (and other clubs who do this to their fans I presume) is like being an abused partner who can't get out of the relationship!
I'm trapped... I love, and hate the person who is doing this to me... yet i'll come back to them every time like the soppy cunt I am, and await (and take) further abuse!

fuck you Spurs... seriously, fuck you sometimes*

P.S: *I love you!

Last edited:
sph8aDy.jpg

What's the fucking point of even watching football anymore, I can't even enjoy it over a drink with my friends because of this fucking pandemic and really that was what I enjoyed most about it all anyway. These days I just sort of hunch over my laptop in a dimly lit room and barely care if we win or lose. Empty depressing stadiums, shit weather, uninspiring players, a cunt of a manager, fuck it.

Can anyone remember what it was like to look forward to a game? 2 years ago I’d have been upset with a Sunday evening kick off. Now I’m just glad it gives me time to do the shopping, walk the dog and cook dinner. And not have too long to stew over the performance before bed.

We’re playing Brighton. Surely we can be brave enough to play possession based footy? Put them under the kosh from the off. And keep them there.

I’d really like to be a bit less invested so I could take or leave watching a match. But even when we’re putting on an absolute shit show I can’t switch it off until the final whistle blows. (Or leave the ground if we’re EVER allowed back in)

I think I may need snowkarl snowkarl ’s professional help.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom