Bryan Gil

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Meh. Played on loan for a side that relegated last season. Like we’d buy from Norwich. Can turn out well, can turn out shit.
Oliver Skipp was at Norwich last year and he'll be one of our most important players this season.

Never understood the attitude that good players can't come from relegated sides.

Or any side in leagues below. The player is the player, not the team.

If you missed the earlier post about Gil, here it is below. Barcelona were rumoured to be interested in January with a release fee of around €35m. Effectively Lamela is valued at €10m.

The 20 year old had 4 goals & 3 assists in 29 apps in La Liga on loan at Eibar from Sevilla.
(Bryan Gil - Stats 20/21)

Comparing him with the outgoing Lamela. Erik was signed as a 21 yr old with 15 goals & 5 assists in 33 Serie A apps for Roma.
(Erik Lamela - Stats 12/13)

One of the standout players to date in La Liga this campaign has been catching the eye of Barcelona for several years, according to El Mundo Deportivo.

Bryan Gil is enjoying somewhat of a breakthrough season on a year-long loan deal at Eibar from Sevilla, but he has been on the radar of the Catalan giants for quite some time.

Bryan Gil

The report claims that the Blaugrana have compiled up to 40 scouting reports on the Spain Under-21 international, who was born in the North-Eastern region of Catalonia but moved south as a young boy to the Andalusian city of Cadiz, where he was spotted and subsequently signed by Sevilla.

Earlier this week, veteran scout Germán Vaya Ballabriga, known as Mani, who returned to Barcelona in 2016, told the Què T’hi Jugues programme on Cadena Ser, as per Marca, that he had already spoken with Barca transfer chief Ramon Planes on the possibility of signing Gil.

Bryan Gil

Mani is known for his scouting in the Andalusian region and is credited with the moves of Ansu Fati and Andres Iniesta to the Catalan giants.

Gil’s current deal at Sevilla runs through to 2023 and currently contains a €35m release clause, but any deal would significantly increase any value.

He's in Spain's olympic football team so assume he would be late to preseason if we sign him

1st game tomorrow at 8.30AM against Egypt

If Spain reaches the final, he will still be in Tokyo playing the final on 7th August, just 8 days before we play City
He’ll be fit to start straight away.bit of a nutmeg king on youtube

He has 2 years left, if has made it clear he won’t sign Sevilla obviously need to cash in now. Lamela with a year left is probably around £12m. So your talking £30-35m for a very talented 20 year old that won’t sign a new contract. Seems about spot on. It’s a bit like Smith Rowe at Woolwich, I think Villa offered £30m. Which given he has 2 years seems about right. This kid is hugely talented in Spain he’s probably regarded just below Pedri and Fati in terms of potential. Massive coup if we do get him. Personally a much better standard of signing than I was expecting and I’m very excited about it.
ok you've sold me

Oliver Skipp was at Norwich last year and he'll be one of our most important players this season.

Never understood the attitude that good players can't come from relegated sides.

Or any side in leagues below. The player is the player, not the team.
yep
That west ham team that got relegated in 2003 (lolz!) included David James, Michael Carrick, Defoe, Di Canio, Joe Cole and Glen Johnson in it

I don't think you realise what an incredibly modest outfit Eibar are. The fact that they managed seven consecutive seasons in the top flight is a miracle.
Yup. And if we sign Bryan Gil, we will benefit from his having had a full season out on loan in La Liga, adapting to top level men's football.

Bill Madrid Bill Madrid that Spanish Olympic squad is pretty strong. Do you think he'll start?

Part of me wants Bryan to make a couple of dazzling substitute appearances, but still be fresh and fit for when he joins the famous Spurs.

Obviously we all have high hopes for Bryan Gil, and want him to fulfil the potential most Spanish observers say he has. But there are no guarantees with any signing, and particularly so with talented young players.

Fundamentally though, this is precisely the type of signing that Dortmund or RB Leipzig would make, of a highly talented youngster with the potential to be an exceptional player.

So I'm very happy that this is the market we're operating in, rather than moaning about "why do Dortmund sign these sorts of prodigies and not us?"
We need to remember to be patient with him. It can perhaps take a year for him to adapt to living in a new country and so on. Just like it did for Son.

Tomiyasu as well for that matter. He's only 22 so not that much older than Bryan.

Yup. And if we sign Bryan Gil, we will benefit from his having had a full season out on loan in La Liga, adapting to top level men's football.

Bill Madrid Bill Madrid that Spanish Olympic squad is pretty strong. Do you think he'll start?

Part of me wants Bryan to make a couple of dazzling substitute appearances, but still be fresh and fit for when he joins the famous Spurs.
I honestly haven't seen it or read any reports, apart from what I said about him playing the second 45 in a warm up vs Japan and impressing

I honestly haven't seen it or read any reports, apart from what I said about him playing the second 45 in a warm up vs Japan and impressing
No problem.

Here's a link to the Spanish Olympic squad. Bryan Gil is listed as a forward, alongside Asensio, Dani Olmo, Oyarzabal and Rafa Mir.

Young Pedri, after running his heart out at the Euros, is selected in midfield. Barca must worry he'll burn out before the new season even starts.

Spain national under-23 football team - Wikipedia

No problem.

Here's a link to the Spanish Olympic squad. Bryan Gil is listed as a forward, alongside Asensio, Dani Olmo, Oyarzabal and Rafa Mir.

Young Pedri, after running his heart out at the Euros, is selected in midfield. Barca must worry he'll burn out before the new season even starts.

Spain national under-23 football team - Wikipedia
Olmo and Pedri basically getting no off season then this summer.

Only seen a bit of him. Clearly gifted but also looked like a strong gust of wind would blow him over at times. Have major doubts about how he would adapt to Premier League football. But definitely a talent and might just need to be give a full season to bed in and adapt.

Back
Top Bottom