Bryan Gil

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Watched patches of Spain vs Russia u21's today and Gil was very good. Runs himself ragged, wins back possession, smart passing, some lovely moments of skill in the first half. Went off after competing for a ball around 80mins, hopefully just a knock.

Yeremi Pino (18, Villareal) looks a brilliant player.

Watched patches of Spain vs Russia u21's today and Gil was very good. Runs himself ragged, wins back possession, smart passing, some lovely moments of skill in the first half. Went off after competing for a ball around 80mins, hopefully just a knock.

The first quality in a player is confidence and the second is application.
This kid has both and it seems he has skill as well.
I think we have a good 'un here.

Cheers, as U21s it all points to his physicality not being up to muster for 90 in PL, hopefully for just a few months and he remains patient, as right now everyone’s seeing the spark, it’s vital we don’t put that out trying to mature him too quickly.

Can’t wait for this seasons Europe, as this boy will drag a rhythm out of our seconds and hopefully by mid-November transition over to Weekends (Prem), not featuring then on in Europe, to ensure his body holds up as well as it possibly can.

I’m not getting carried away.
He’s fucking better than Modric and Gazza!

:levywhoa:

Woof....

Limped off injured on 80mins. Don't know anything else.

Seems to have that world class touch and awareness of space around him.

Love the boy, he’s football. He’s Spurs, with a flourish.

Just pray his body is up to it as he’s superlative city if he can string it all together.

Thanks Doc Doc ,
Sounds very promising.

I watched Sweden -Spain on Thursday, as you might expect - patient build up, patient build up, patient build up, patient build up, patient build up, patient build up, miss/lose ball.

More of what we see in those clips, what people call "verticality" here - driving forward, running at defenders - and he'll be knocking on the door of the main team

Reading the Marca write up, our Bryan assisted the first goal with a cross from the left in a 2-0 win against Lithuania. That said, they gave him a 2 out of 4 rating.

It doesn't sound like it was a great game, all in all

Reading the Marca write up, our Bryan assisted the first goal with a cross from the left in a 2-0 win against Lithuania. That said, they gave him a 2 out of 4 rating.

It doesn't sound like it was a great game, all in all
Generous to call it an assist. He took a poor free kick which hit off a defenders head and looped to the far side of the box for a Spanish player to score. Poor game from what I saw, Lithuania did a good job of getting men behind the ball and very stop-start.

Last edited:
Generous to call it an assist. He took a poor free kick which hit off a defenders head and looped to the far side side of the box for a Spanish player to score. Poor game from what I saw, Lithuania did a good job of getting men behind the ball and very stop-start.
I've no idea mate, didn't see any of the game. I'd hoped to see a bit before I met my mate for a few beers but there were no streams and it wasn't televised here.

I was only going on the pretty brief Marca report

Back
Top Bottom