Bryan Gil

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was free tonight. Cup game.
He was good in the ECL game but I would prefer he doesn't have a bad game in a match that counts which potentially could hurt his confidence and of course our loving :( fan base would hold against him.
Fair point. Always a balancing act in the early days.

Nuno needs to protect him and give him the full blown 2nd dad treatment, but I'm all in for him being a starter.... Let him gel with the big boys.

Star in the making.

200.gif

yes-danielbryan.gif

I really like him, but don't want to overplay him. He is an exciting prospect and his time will come to be a consistent performer in the PL. Until then, I feel that he should come on as a power sub, for maybe 15/20 minutes.

I really like him, but don't want to overplay him. He is an exciting prospect and his time will come to be a consistent performer in the PL. Until then, I feel that he should come on as a power sub, for maybe 15/20 minutes.

Agree. He brings something different to the table. Good to bring him on at the end of the game fresh to make something happen for us.

I also have to say that I was impressed with his tackle of Adama Traore. When I saw that he was isolated 1 v 1 I thought he would lose that battle

Quite simply we lack good footballers and have done for a few years hence why we rarely control games even when winning. This lad is comfortable on the ball and always wants it. If you are gonna play cloggers like Dier, PEH, Skipp, Lucas etc then you need to offset it with a couple of footballers like Gill and Ndom otherwise the ball ain’t getting to the final third

We have two match winners up top

I think he could be very good. We say he needs to adapt, but the team needs to adapt to him too. It's been so long since they've had a player like him who can find those cute passes in the final third. The more he plays with Son, Kane, the more productive he'll become.

I think he could be very good. We say he needs to adapt, but the team needs to adapt to him too. It's been so long since they've had a player like him who can find those cute passes in the final third. The more he plays with Son, Kane, the more productive he'll become.
Also, for all those people who were salivating over Traore, just watch Gil actually do something in the final third, like err pass to someone on his own team!!!!

Being pitch side you can get a real feel for the game and the intensity it is being played at.

Most impressive thing watching him up close in Wednesday was the off the ball running he did. Sprinting all over the place to close down opponents, moving into space when we have the ball which is our biggest downfall as a team. His defensive contribution to help Davies stop Traore was superb. You think of the difference in physique between Gil and Traore, made no difference. Timed his tackle well, got close to Traore and didn't allow him to turn. Put the tackle in before Traore could get it under control.

All these things you witness being live at the game, can't see it on TV when players are not in shot. Different perspective.

Back
Top Bottom