Bryan Gil

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He will be playing regular football at a high level. He’s barely started his career, Valencia is a very good level for him to gain experience.

Yes, thats for player.

But what about Spurs? We are not Bryan Gil FC... We need him to get up to speed to English football or cut losses and get rid.
We have been juggling not-good-enough players for far too long ffs.

Like many here I don't see any kind of strategy or planning or even idea. It is jus fucking mess of impulsive last minute decisions.

Yes, thats for player.

But what about Spurs? We are not Bryan Gil FC... We need him to get up to speed to English football or cut losses and get rid.

Like many here I don't see any kind of strategy or planning or even idea. It is jus fucking mess of impulsive last minute decisions.
I don't entirely disagree with the thrust of this, but getting a promising youngster in a position where he will play a lot at a high level isn't really rocket science.

Now, if he's on their bench like he's on ours we've blown it but let's see.

Sign good young player from France. Send him back to France.
Sign good young player from Spain. Send him back to Spain.

I can see the logic there...but when they come back we'll be told they need a year to acclimatize to the English league. So it will be 2 years and zero contribution by the time we get to 2023.

Meanwhile the best younger players at our rivals can easily get a loan deal at a team in the EPL or Championship and usually stand out when they do.

This doesn't bode well.

Yes, thats for player.

There is no strategy, no doubt about that.

But for whatever reason, we have ended up with Gil who is simply not ready to play for Tottenham. He hasn't shown anything against lesser teams in the cups and we desperately need to win league matches if we are going to reach the top 4, so there simply isn't a chance for him to play regularly here.

The choices are him playing regularly for a top club in Spain, or sitting on the bench for us every week. For his development as a player it's clear which option is the best. Gil needs to build up his experience of the game in general before he is ready to even compete for minutes here. The difference in physicality and quality between him and even someone like Bergwijn is blindingly obvious.

He needed the loan, no point in sitting around not playing. Doesn't help anyone. Needs to bulk up a bit like bale did.
Agree... but a loan back to La Liga almost seems like the easy option for a player who wants to play in the PL...
surely another PL or even EPL club would've given Gil the opportunity to acclimatise to the English game...

....unless.....

he has no intention of returning to the English game!!

Agree... but a loan back to La Liga almost seems like the easy option for a player who wants to play in the PL...
surely another PL or even EPL club would've given Gil the opportunity to acclimatise to the English game...

....unless.....

He's probably just homesick

So loan him to a pl club. What good dies going back to the la Liga does?

Well that's all fine and dandy but there needs to be offers from PL clubs and the player needs to agree to it, you can't just chuck a player anywhere in the hope that he improves, you need everyone to agree to it.

Didn't really get enough game time to create interest within the premiership I suppose loan move back home while better than sitting on the bench will be only be of little benefit to us I feel

....unless.....

Valencia are a tough team at the moment and have a manager who demands physicality and effort. Not ideal but one of the better clubs he could have gone to.

Back
Top Bottom