Bryan Gil

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jeez people are going way over the top about a Spanish kid. Just look how average our recent signings have been and how highly rated they were before they arrived. I think with Spurs signings it's best to keep expectations low and give the players the chance to adapt and grow. I like many it seems have never heard of this kid and are relying on a couple of YouTube vids. We definitely need more creativity and dynamism in attack so let's hope Gil can bring this.

Honestly I have no idea about this bloke, and I'm not going to buy into a youtube reel as you could make Fat Dave from the Golden Lion look mustard on a highlight reel.

My question/concern would be for anyone that knows about this fella, if he's that good/promising why are Sevilla only asking for £20 plus Lamela? from their angle they must believe he is a comparable player to Lamela as it stands? and we are presumably paying the £20m for the age difference/potential?

Honestly I have no idea about this bloke, and I'm not going to buy into a youtube reel as you could make Fat Dave from the Golden Lion look mustard on a highlight reel.

My question/concern would be for anyone that knows about this fella, if he's that good/promising why are Sevilla only asking for £20 plus Lamela? from their angle they must believe he is a comparable player to Lamela as it stands? and we are presumably paying the £20m for the age difference/potential?

Not all clubs have the luxury of rejecting £20m, something worth remembering.

Obviously hope this lad is good after all our bum signings I am very wary of another very promising prospect coming to us especially as the figures mentioned are low enough in the current market .We never really got a great return with Eric for the hopes we had of him can't fault his effort but that's about it .

He has 2 years left, if has made it clear he won’t sign Sevilla obviously need to cash in now. Lamela with a year left is probably around £12m. So your talking £30-35m for a very talented 20 year old that won’t sign a new contract. Seems about spot on. It’s a bit like Smith Rowe at Woolwich, I think Villa offered £30m. Which given he has 2 years seems about right. This kid is hugely talented in Spain he’s probably regarded just below Pedri and Fati in terms of potential. Massive coup if we do get him. Personally a much better standard of signing than I was expecting and I’m very excited about it.

I read that he has a 25 mill euro buyout clause. So Lamela's value in this deal is practically pittance

I very much doubt any buy out would be set at 25m. Would be pretty pointless and Spanish buyouts are normally set way over the top.

the buyout is 43m

I read that he has a 25 mill euro buyout clause. So Lamela's value in this deal is practically pittance
Clause was 35m I think. Barca were rumoured to be interested in paying it back in January, but probably just paper talk as clearly not a priority for them this summer. He's extremely talented and I'm very surprised by the move to be honest, hopefully he keeps developing because he has it in him to be a top player.

QitLvPj.jpeg

100m euro!? :levywtf:

Hmmmm...Lamela did win goal of the season
:levystare:

How about 25m + Lamela???:levyeyes:

Offer accepted :levylol:

Sevilla fan posted yesterday.... Should give a more informed insight.

Obviously we all have high hopes for Bryan Gil, and want him to fulfil the potential most Spanish observers say he has. But there are no guarantees with any signing, and particularly so with talented young players.

Fundamentally though, this is precisely the type of signing that Dortmund or RB Leipzig would make, of a highly talented youngster with the potential to be an exceptional player.

So I'm very happy that this is the market we're operating in, rather than moaning about "why do Dortmund sign these sorts of prodigies and not us?"

Hojbjerg, Skipp and Gil in a 3. Lo Celso further forward with Son and Ndombele if he pulls his finger out.

This is assuming Kane gets sold to pay for a new defence.
Can you really see Ndombelly getting fit and playing to potential?

Watched a little bit of him and always thought he was the kind of player that would inevitably go to Barcelona.

How we've secured him without proper Europe I don't know.

We must give him time though and not write him off if he's not a world beater season one.

He will take time to adapt but I'm excited by this one. Wasn't expecting anywhere near this level of transfer.

Better than anything the scum have done.

The new keeper is great too. Loving we're going back to exciting youth who will have everything to prove and be hungry for it.

The old guard who've coasted for too long better shape up.

Back
Top Bottom