Bryan Gil

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This player cost us over £30m if we consider Lamela to be worth £5-10m. More money down the drain.

We spent £55m on him and Emerson and we are already trying to replace them.

It’s an absolute shit show isn’t it. 2 players we bought last summer and the club already want to rid. If we were getting class replacements like Diaz, you could understand but when you are getting a Juventus sub, you know the club are seriously in huge trouble. We are a shambles of a football club

Bit of a mess. Gil is very talented, I have no issue with loaning him to Valencia for his development (as opposed to PL). Our player recruitment and squad building is just so dumb.

Poor lad..... Players at this age need game-time in a functioning system and nurturing with some strong supportive seniors around them (esp. when transitioning from a foreign league).... Not vague expectations of being a difference-maker in a lazy B-team around Europe or being a last minute EPL game-saver.

Gil, Rodon, Sessengon, Foyth......

(+ KWP, Tanganga, Onomah and a few other bright young things)

Hard to expect the lad Sarr to fair too differently. :(

100% this. We're becoming a poisoned-chalice club for managers and young talent alike.

Wait... so...
We are sending Gil on loan, still might sell Bergwijn, try to get rid of Dele, Ndombele and Lo Celso?!?

We just tryna get through 2nd half of the season with 3 attacking players in Kane, Son and Moura then ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!??! dafuq, my brain just totally switched off. There is no logic whatsoever left.
Hahah

Don’t worry we are getting Amrabat

Oh No Please GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

This player cost us over £30m if we consider Lamela to be worth £5-10m. More money down the drain.

We spent £55m on him and Emerson and we are already trying to replace them.
Nailed it. There’s things not going right for you and some transfers don’t work out etc, but this last few years have just been one laughable decision after the other.

Conte is magic, love the guy, but as long as our recruitment strategy is run by fucking idiots he’s fucked.

Why are we sending this bloke back to Spain? Have we given up on him already? Or are we that clueless that we think another 6 month in la liga will prepare him for the premier league!?

Don’t get me started on Royal… 25m and we’re trying to replace the cunt 6 months later! The list goes on and on ….

Nailed it. There’s things not going right for you and some transfers don’t work out etc, but this last few years have just been one laughable decision after the other.

Conte is magic, love the guy, but as long as our recruitment strategy is run by fucking idiots he’s fucked.

Why are we sending this bloke back to Spain? Have we given up on him already? Or are we that clueless that we think another 6 month in la liga will prepare him for the premier league!?

Don’t get me started on Royal… 25m and we’re trying to replace the cunt 6 months later! The list goes on and on ….

I do think Gil has talent, but as you say, the strategy behind his signing is mystifying. Why spend such big money on a prospect when the first XI badly needs experienced, quality players? Why was he such a priority?

There doesn’t seem to be any plan at all. Why are we spending big money on a player like Gil when we still only have one striker in our squad? Now Conte has decided he isn’t even ready to play in the PL so he’s being sent away and another team will see the benefit of our £30m spent while we have shit to show for it.

If Gil is going on loan it should be to a PL team. He needs to get used to the physicality of our league, or he isn't going to make it. He will not learn anything about the PL playing in the inferior Spanish league.

This kid cost us £25m plus Lamela. That's not silly money. He came from that league and isn't ready - so why will going back to it help?

If Gil is going on loan it should be to a PL team. He needs to get used to the physicality of our league, or he isn't going to make it. He will not learn anything about the PL playing in the inferior Spanish league.

This kid cost us £25m plus Lamela. That's not silly money. He came from that league and isn't ready - so why will going back to it help?
If for some strange reason he has to go out on loan send him to a championship team who is at the higher end of the league . Bournemouth or somewhere, he’ll get games , build his confidence & learn the physicality of English football .

I still rate Gil. And quite a lot. He’s got a lot of energy, good touch and a decent footballing brain. He’s clearly talent. I’d put him in a similar position to when we first signed Bale. The guy needs a bit more time and development to be really PL ready. But there is class there and we’d be idiotic to write him off now.

Back
Top Bottom