Bryan Gil

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is still training with the first team as per the latest video on the Spurs YouTube channel. So what do people think will happen with him this season? Will he remain part of the squad and get some minutes here and there, or will he get loaned out etc..?

He is still training with the first team as per the latest video on the Spurs YouTube channel. So what do people think will happen with him this season? Will he remain part of the squad and get some minutes here and there, or will he get loaned out etc..?
If he's not going to feature here i'd like to see him get loaned. I don't think lads his age gain a lot from spending a year sitting on the bench, scraping a few minutes here and there. Regular football somewhere is much better for his development.

Personally could see him as a useful rotation piece over the season with all the cup competitions in mind.

Not sure if being a bit part will be best for him developmentally, but I suppose if there isn't an ideal loan location then it's better than sending him somewhere unsuitable.

Personally could see him as a useful rotation piece over the season with all the cup competitions in mind.

Not sure if being a bit part will be best for him developmentally, but I suppose if there isn't an ideal loan location then it's better than sending him somewhere unsuitable.
being in and around better players day in day out at training and competing for starting spots may benefit more than a loan where hes playing with inferior group of players. i think you can kill a playmaker if you put them with a bunch of donkeys. confidence would take a right bashing if youre playing with players cut from a shit bit of cloth.

the only benefit out of a loan would be to toughen him up and get him ready physically, but i fear if you lower the standard of football too much and hes with donkeys then it could be more damaging than good.

IMO he will be loaned but until January.
He's still U21 for domestic games.

He's obviously a very talented player.. best fit in our system would be rotation for Kulusevski, but if we're bringing in Zaniolo or another he's obviously not going to get enough gametime. I'd like to see him loaned to a Fulham or Southampton and see how he does. Needs to start scoring and assisting. The way the modern game is played he probably needs to learn to do that from RW.

On the bench today and only 1 of 2 attacking players out of 7. I know Richardson is suspended but we do have to expect injuries/suspensions to the attacking players and only having 1 attacking sub option at home is not good enough. Unless someone else comes in , I think he is staying.

If Zaniolo comes , Gil goes either on loan or permanently

Silly to rush him out of the club permanently after 1 season at his age........

Should have loaned him straight back to Sevilla when we bought him and allowed him to continue his growth.

Silly to rush him out of the club permanently after 1 season at his age........

Should have loaned him straight back to Sevilla when we bought him and allowed him to continue his growth.
I sure hope we get him a loan this season, either in the prem, or somewhere in one of spain/france/italy/germany where he can be a main attacking piece and have a deep europa league run. His prospects for starting any games right now are very limited.

I'm delighted it's a "simple" loan , ie no buy option, for Gil.

Conte was clearly impressed by his attitude & ability during pre-season, or he wouldn't have named him in all 3 of our matchday squads.

Now Gil has another year to get physically stronger and to learn how to use his considerable talent in matches at a good level.

We can review progress next summer.

So Lo Celso, Ndombele, Rodon and now Gil gone with Tanganga, Regulion and Winks probably off at some point. You would expect one or two players to join us shortly.

Back
Top Bottom