BT Sport to pull out of Football... and other sport.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SpiderSpurs

Supporter
🪃🦘 Bonza!! 🦘🪃

Amazon, Disney & DAZN Reportedly Circling Sale Of Premier League Broadcaster BT Sport​

By Jake Kanter
April 29, 2021 12:33am
Amazon, Disney, and sports streamer DAZN are reportedly circling a sale of BT Sport, the British broadcaster that holds rights to blue-chip sports events including the Premier League and Champions League.

The Daily Telegraph reported late Wednesday that UK telecoms giant BT has engaged investment bank Lazard to explore a partial sale of its sports television arm as the £16 billion ($22B) company increases its focus on broadband. The Financial Times also corroborated the story.

On Thursday morning, BT confirmed the plans. In a statement, it said: “Further to media reports, BT can confirm that early discussions are being held with a number of select strategic partners, to explore ways to generate investment, strengthen our sports business, and help take it to the next stage in its growth. The discussions are confidential and may or may not lead to an outcome.”

Amazon, Disney & DAZN Reportedly Circling Sale Of Premier League Broadcaster BT Sport​

By Jake Kanter
April 29, 2021 12:33am
Amazon, Disney, and sports streamer DAZN are reportedly circling a sale of BT Sport, the British broadcaster that holds rights to blue-chip sports events including the Premier League and Champions League.

The Daily Telegraph reported late Wednesday that UK telecoms giant BT has engaged investment bank Lazard to explore a partial sale of its sports television arm as the £16 billion ($22B) company increases its focus on broadband. The Financial Times also corroborated the story.

On Thursday morning, BT confirmed the plans. In a statement, it said: “Further to media reports, BT can confirm that early discussions are being held with a number of select strategic partners, to explore ways to generate investment, strengthen our sports business, and help take it to the next stage in its growth. The discussions are confidential and may or may not lead to an outcome.”

Excellent. Can remove that from my BT package now.

I get BT Sport as part of my Virgin package.

I get the feeling whatever happens the end consumer will end up paying more money for the same service they're getting now.
I'd also imagine that when amazon eventually get more games they will remove football from prime and create another package to pay for on top.

The 2 match days per season where they show all the games from that round are so pointless that I can only imagine it was their way of testing the water and ironing out any kinks.

Wonder how much my £113 per month package will increase by at the end of all this.

Bloody hell, that's a shocking amount.

What do you get for that?

All the sports channels with any 4k options available.

To be fair it's my internet & phone too and they recently decided £107 per month was obviously too cheap.. but you need the phone line and internet to be able to receive the 4k channels, so it's not like I could cut a part of it and still watch everything.

If I didn't watch sports the package would be more like £35, but this doesn't include my Amazon sub to watch the odd game scattered here & there too.

Thieves.

bt.jpg

I'd also imagine that when amazon eventually get more games they will remove football from prime and create another package to pay for on top.

The 2 match days per season where they show all the games from that round are so pointless that I can only imagine it was their way of testing the water and ironing out any kinks.
The games were in December so people end up with a free trial of Prime for a month and do all of their Xmas shopping on Amazon

To be fair it's my internet & phone too and they recently decided £107 per month was obviously too cheap.. but you need the phone line and internet to be able to receive the 4k channels, so it's not like I could cut a part of it and still watch everything.

If I didn't watch sports the package would be more like £35, but this doesn't include my Amazon sub to watch the odd game scattered here & there too.

Thieves.

bt.jpg
I knew it was expensive but didn't realise it was that much! Sod giving Sky that much money to give us a hard time. When we can, I'd rather go down the pub and watch a game.

That's a bonus I'm sure, but didn't they have another round not over Christmas, or was it 2 in December? Or am I totally wrong and it was just the one round?
I think there was a couple delayed for covid including ours, think otherwise it was all in December from memory. No doubt they are looking at moving in further though

I think there was a couple delayed for covid including ours, think otherwise it was all in December from memory. No doubt they are looking at moving in further though
It was 2 rounds, but both were in December, one pre, one post-Christmas. So you're probably right about them using it for a Christmas boost to general Amazon shopping.

I knew it was expensive but didn't realise it was that much! Sod giving Sky that much money to give us a hard time. When we can, I'd rather go down the pub and watch a game.

The way they double down on shitting on us and outright pretending City doesnt exist makes me wonder just how many dipper/manure fans are really out there. There must be 1000 of them for every one of us.

Woolwich are the gift that keep giving.

It seems they are determined to remain worse than us nowadays.

:harrylol:

Thieves.

bt.jpg

Mine is similar.

I get BT Sport as part of my Virgin package.

I get the feeling whatever happens the end consumer will end up paying more money for the same service they're getting now.
I get it as part of my Sky package but have to pay £25 a month for it 🤨

Back
Top Bottom