BT Sport to pull out of Football... and other sport.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When I was in Australia my mobile phone contract was something like £15 per month, and that came with every Premier League game available to watch live on their app - just thrown in as a sweetener.

I remember one time paying something like £15 to watch us lose against Chelsea pay per view on Setanta or something. Still.. at least I can just switch it off at full time and get on with my life, unlike paying £120~ per ticket to watch Bayern turn us over at home.

The fans are always the ones getting shafted. As a Spurs fan you don't get great value for money.

Amazon, Disney & DAZN Reportedly Circling Sale Of Premier League Broadcaster BT Sport​

By Jake Kanter
April 29, 2021 12:33am
Amazon, Disney, and sports streamer DAZN are reportedly circling a sale of BT Sport, the British broadcaster that holds rights to blue-chip sports events including the Premier League and Champions League.

The Daily Telegraph reported late Wednesday that UK telecoms giant BT has engaged investment bank Lazard to explore a partial sale of its sports television arm as the £16 billion ($22B) company increases its focus on broadband. The Financial Times also corroborated the story.

On Thursday morning, BT confirmed the plans. In a statement, it said: “Further to media reports, BT can confirm that early discussions are being held with a number of select strategic partners, to explore ways to generate investment, strengthen our sports business, and help take it to the next stage in its growth. The discussions are confidential and may or may not lead to an outcome.”

Looks like BTSport is selling up and moving out of football. "Couldn't make it pay" Of course they couldn't when paying £9million per game, no-one can.

So them helping drive up the cost of sports packages and taking CL football away from ITV where we could all watch it was definitely worth it then.
:pochwtf:

When I was in Australia my mobile phone contract was something like £15 per month, and that came with every Premier League game available to watch live on their app - just thrown in as a sweetener.

I remember one time paying something like £15 to watch us lose against Chelsea pay per view on Setanta or something. Still.. at least I can just switch it off at full time and get on with my life, unlike paying £120~ per ticket to watch Bayern turn us over at home.

The fans are always the ones getting shafted. As a Spurs fan you don't get great value for money.

It's still $15 AUD added to your Optus mobile account to get all the EPL, CL, and EL.
Decent value I think.

Good news, not only was their coverage shit, BT sport is ridiculously expensive to sign up to.

Sky Sports mobile have a £5 a month deal for PL games, while the cheapest deal with BT is £30 a month (unless you have BT tv already).

Dumped them earlier this year when they wanted £25 a month on renewal.. Was also a piss-take that you couldn't get 4K through the SKY box.

I'd also imagine that when amazon eventually get more games they will remove football from prime and create another package to pay for on top.

The 2 match days per season where they show all the games from that round are so pointless that I can only imagine it was their way of testing the water and ironing out any kinks.
I suppose it would be the same way they charge a few pounds extra for the addon movie channels like Starz etc

Why the fuck would you want to watch that seeing how it's likely gonna be Oil City vs. the Chavs?

Basically two clubs who would be nowhere near the CL final without their blood money, mid-table City especially.
Like myself, people will watch the game for the spectacle that it will likely be, and the world class players involved. Not for the clubs involved.

What we need is Jeff Bezos of Amazon to buy Spurs, chuck a shit ton of money into it and then buy BT Sports and gain income from the other cunts in the league... :allitongue:
Wouldn't even need a new emoji.
db7d1740-e825-11ea-8600-abe4f45458c9_image_hires_174437.jpg

Like myself, people will watch the game for the spectacle that it will likely be, and the world class players involved. Not for the clubs involved.
I couldn’t have put it better myself!

And I have to give 30 days notice so may as well get my money’s worth!

All the sports channels with any 4k options available.

To be fair it's my internet & phone too and they recently decided £107 per month was obviously too cheap.. but you need the phone line and internet to be able to receive the 4k channels, so it's not like I could cut a part of it and still watch everything.

If I didn't watch sports the package would be more like £35, but this doesn't include my Amazon sub to watch the odd game scattered here & there too.

Thieves.

bt.jpg
Take it she didn't get you off in under 30 seconds?

Just gave them 31 days notice and no problems
If I want it back next season then I have to wait a further 31 days to resubscribe
Cancelled mine this morning also. Got the usual garb about why and we can offer you this and that, blah blah blah. To be fair the fella I was dealing with was alright (Geordie) and gave me some advice about the benefits of BT TV packages over sky if I was ever thinking of leaving them.
I will be giving sky a ring later to try and haggle my bundle with them down.

Cancelled mine this morning also. Got the usual garb about why and we can offer you this and that, blah blah blah. To be fair the fella I was dealing with was alright (Geordie) and gave me some advice about the benefits of BT TV packages over sky if I was ever thinking of leaving them.
I will be giving sky a ring later to try and haggle my bundle with them down.
I tried that with Sky but I’m tied in until March 2022 and the cheeky fucker tried to sell me a cinema package!

So BT are still at the races, so to speak...

The Premier League has agreed to roll over its existing television deal with broadcasters for a further three years.
2 hours ago

The new deal with Sky Sports, BT Sport, Amazon Prime Video and BBC Sport will run from 2022 to 2025.

The current £4.7bn deal, agreed in 2018, represented a 10% drop in value.

The Government has approved the deal "in principle" with an "exclusion order" under the competition act, which allows the league to renew without its normal tender process.

"In light of the damaging impact of the Covid-19 pandemic throughout the English football pyramid, the Premier League was able to demonstrate to Government exceptional and compelling reasons for the Exclusion Order," the league said.

As part of the new deal, BT Sport say that to help with the fixture congestion, they will change their Saturday lunchtime game to an evening slot when teams involved have played in Europe on the previous Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom