BT Sport to pull out of Football... and other sport.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So BT are still at the races, so to speak...

The Premier League has agreed to roll over its existing television deal with broadcasters for a further three years.
2 hours ago

The new deal with Sky Sports, BT Sport, Amazon Prime Video and BBC Sport will run from 2022 to 2025.

The current £4.7bn deal, agreed in 2018, represented a 10% drop in value.

The Government has approved the deal "in principle" with an "exclusion order" under the competition act, which allows the league to renew without its normal tender process.

"In light of the damaging impact of the Covid-19 pandemic throughout the English football pyramid, the Premier League was able to demonstrate to Government exceptional and compelling reasons for the Exclusion Order," the league said.

As part of the new deal, BT Sport say that to help with the fixture congestion, they will change their Saturday lunchtime game to an evening slot when teams involved have played in Europe on the previous Wednesday.
Bollocks I’ll have to renew my BT contract in August!

Same as. Although when I cancelled, the Guy dealing with me said that if I changed my mind I could get 12 months for £19 a month.
Result mate

I wasn’t so lucky and just cancelled it through SkyQ so it will cost me £25 a month again and I’ll still miss the odd game which will be shown on Prime!

Decent stream anyone?

succession-tom.gif

Out of all coverage think amazon is the best. Balanced coverage. With sky get neville having his weekly 30 minute united bollox. Carragher is just as bad. Bt sport seems a bit 2nd rate but I like hoddle opinions on us. Tbh 3 platforms just to watch premier league football is a rip off. I'd rather we had our own channel showing games home and away.

I only realised this week that him and Dan Walker are different people
I think Dan Walker is a far superior presenter too. Both are Blue Peter badge brigade, but it's Humpfrey's constant high horse riding that fucks me off more than anything else. Constantly telling supporters who to support, what to say, what's "class" and what's not. Whilst almost on every occasion he does it, he also gets the entire context wrong, it's like he's just started to watch football.

Back
Top Bottom