Bundesliga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Listening to Steve Mcmanaman rambling on pretending he knows anything about the Bundesliga or German football is honestly vomit inducing. Surely they could have got someone who has a bit more knowledge about the league??

It's in the stadium. Think Sky are giving the option to have it on in the PL, but if it's an option it mustn't be at the stadium.

Pretty sure the Bundesliga is through the broadcast feed.

The Prem are going to be playing FIFA20 crowd noises over the feed, I believe. In all honesty, it does make a difference.

Though I'd probably do what I usually do and just have it on mute anyway.

Yep, they were pretty amazing last season. I think Pep has just built on the good work by Heynckes, and they a very flexible team now that can play in a variety of different fashions (counter-attacking, possession-based, good at set-pieces etc). But their defensive record was not 'much better' last season. It's pretty much the same, with their goalscoring record being slightly better (so far anyway).
No doubt he's built on the good work already there, he's made them even better at keeping possession and to a degree movement off the ball. In Europe they are probably stronger than they were last year, but domestically they seem wobbly and a bit frail sometimes due to the nature of how the league is, all out attack from the off with no time for breathing breaks. Yes they keep winning in the league and are without a doubt the best team in the world, but the reluctance to go for the kill early in matches has bit them in the arse on more than one occasion this season.

I had the same critisism of Pep at Barcelona when he was there, with the players avaliable to him, there's no need to just keep the ball for long stretches when you're not up against the other super heavyweights of europe. They should, in my view, attack from the off and try to get 1-3 goals inside the first 35, as they are capable of that. With the solidity they have off the ball there's no need to play conservatively for 45-60mins to wear opposition down. In fact, I'm sure the opposition would become exhausted quicker if they were forced to defend counter-attacks a bit more often, or just passing play in the final third at the speed these players are capable of.

Obviously they have some incredible talent, but if ever there is an example of a managers impact, and how it pays to have a system of play.

Compare and contrast to Spurs the last couple of months...
Yeah but you're forgetting that tactics don't fucking matter one bit in England.
wantsome.png

Bump. Would like to see more interest in this, as this is hands down the most interesting league in Europe atm, and it's only growing.

Specific invites to Le_TK and Quaresma7 Quaresma7 if they aren't already familiar with this one.

And I agree, let's expand beyond discussion of the club that has become a vacuum to that league.
Second this i really like the bundesliga,those who say it's a boring league only watch the first place and ignore the rest,the bundesliga is always full of competition for european spots with schalke,dortmund,leverkusen,monchengladbach,wolfsburg always figthing for champions league spots and the relegation battles are always interesting, who would have though that hamburg,bremen and stuttgart would be struggling with relegation having been in europe not too many seasons ago.
i'd rather watch a Hannover vs Frankfurt than a Stoke vs Hull

Back
Top Bottom