Bundesliga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah I'm gutted too only more for pecuniary reasons... Still it would be great to see Frankfurt challenging for the title or tangling with Schalke for third

Recorded the Hannover Dortmund game last Sunday and been meaning to watch it, just did having got in from the pub. Really good game I thought. Dortmund were rattled a couple of times in the first half but looked so competent when attacking. When they went 1-0 up I thought here we go another typical Dortmund performance coming on. But Hannover were class in the second half. They've been an exciting side for a while now, sort of remind me of us in the Jol era #neverred

I associate Hannover with mid-table-mediocraty. They used to be the Wigan of the Bundesliga, but the last couple of seasons they've been really good.
Still can't really warm to them, just because they have feck all history/fans.

I don't warm to them exactly but it's purely the red tbh. I'd like us to get them in the Europa League (or any German side really, as I haven't been out there).

Bayern Munich published their results from last year yesterday and they made 11 million profit , by far the best run club in the world because soon they can stop their downpayments for the Allianz Arena and they'll liberate a ton of money. The only top club (top 20 in europe) that is run like a sound business (apart from Spurs and the Filth)

I'm glad the winter break's finally over. Last night's game between Schalke and Hannover was great. Watching Bremen v Dortmund now. 0-2 at H/T, a lovely free kick by Reus followed by an even better goal from Gotze. Those two are just class.

Actually Gotze's goal took a deflection but looked good.

So Rooney apparently wants to play for Bayern. What with Guardiola heading there and strong rumours that either Moyes or Benitez will take over at Schalke, it could get interesting next season.

Klopp is worried that Bayern are becoming so good they will dominate Germany like Celtic do Scotland. Wouldn't hurt the league if a team like Schalke finally got a better manager. I think Moyes would do well there.

So Rooney apparently wants to play for Bayern. What with Guardiola heading there and strong rumours that either Moyes or Benitez will take over at Schalke, it could get interesting next season.

Klopp is worried that Bayern are becoming so good they will dominate Germany like Celtic do Scotland. Wouldn't hurt the league if a team like Schalke finally got a better manager. I think Moyes would do well there.
If Moyes keeps playing his defensive football he won't do well in the gung-ho style of the Bundesliga in my opinion. One of the reasons I think Holtby is still to truly find his feet with us is because attacking and defending is at a slower tempo over in england and from the stuff I see of germany it's always end to end 100mp/h for 90 mins

If Moyes keeps playing his defensive football he won't do well in the gung-ho style of the Bundesliga in my opinion. One of the reasons I think Holtby is still to truly find his feet with us is because attacking and defending is at a slower tempo over in england and from the stuff I see of germany it's always end to end 100mp/h for 90 mins

No, the reason he is still finding his feet is because he can't handle the pace and physicality of the best league in the world.

richard-keys.jpeg
:troll:

I'm really worried that Bayern might go back to dominating the league for the next couple of years again.

Really? You prob get to see more games than I do as I'm reliant solely on whatever ESPN decide to show, but I got the opposite impression re speed in a lot of games. I mean certainly with Bayern, Dortmund, and Schalke etc they really get at you, definitely... I try to watch Hamburg whenever I can and they can be pretty shite in terms of attacking/scoring goals - probably clouded my judgement!

See that Dortmund have been prevented from displaying a banner design thingy by wembley having corporate tier in the middle. Modern football eh? :defoe:

Great game tonight and a great round overall, Borussia M'gladbach against FC Bayern tonight. Followed by Niedersachsen-derby tomorrow with Wolfsburg against Hannover. HSV against S04 could also be a really good game :vdvhmm:

Back
Top Bottom