Bundesliga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone into it?

I was thinking about the European leagues I tend to take a bit more interest in, and realised I've never given a toss about La Liga.

I like Serie A, I think mainly due to individual clubs like Milan, Roma, Napoli, Juve, etc - tend to be interested if I know they've got a game on telly. With Bundesliga it wasn't really about individual clubs as much as just generally their league seems to really have its shit together.

Massive crowds, great atmospheres, vocal but visual too, and some quality football. Not that certain clubs don't snare my interest a bit more of course, favour Monchengladbach myself and like watching clubs like Dortmund and Bayern etc.

Was watching Bayern steamroller Schalke the other day and Ribery and Robben were absolute class.

Used to love watching the Bundesliga review back on sky a few years ago. Used to be a big fan of Schalke due to my fav pro evo player Emile Mpenza.

Its the closest league to the premiership regarding fan base and the style of football.

Schalke, I love the fact they've scored 50 goals but conceded 30. Something about supporting Spurs for so long sorta makes you want other pinball merchant clubs to do well.

eggsoakley said:
Used to love watching the Bundesliga review back on sky a few years ago. Used to be a big fan of Schalke due to my fav pro evo player Emile Mpenza.

Its the closest league to the premiership regarding fan base and the style of football.

i like the Bundesliga , its huge and they got a very sound financial situation. Very fast football and never say die attitude.
Been to Schalke and Dortmund (crazy atmosphere)

Aah Emile Mpenza , talk about a wasted talent , he used to be superb but got injured and lost his mojo

T'is great - went to the Berlin Derby last year Herta v Union- madness- plus that was Div 2 so a bit comedy- but did have the biggest crowd in Europe that weekend- over 80,000! ...and Berlin what a great city -

Also seen matches in Hamburg, Dortmund and Munich- as a place to see decent- cheap footie with the lads it is a must

Also the bosch do seem to have got a group of really really good player- cliche alert ...but they seem to combine a bit of latin flare with good old fashioned anglo saxon running around like a headless chicken-

Some of the kits are a bit rank though

Yeah I'm planning on going and watching Dortmund later this year. They've done the business even without Goetze and Kagawa recently, when Reus signs for them I honestly can see Dortmund turning last year's "fluke" as it was labelled by some into a longer reign. Such a young squad, full of talent. Reus, Lewandowski, Kagawa, Goetze etc all in the same team, and especially if Robben comes back to England like is predicted... Can't see Gladbach taking it from them after Reus has gone.

Obviously after the Premiership and La Liga (Valencia) I do watch a fair few snippets from Germany.

The football seems very entertaining and I love the Simulcast they do on matchdays. It's like Soccer Saturday but instead of commentary on each game they show the highlights, it'd be brilliant if we could do it over here but the licensing and stuff would get in the way.

Most of their games kick off at 2.30pm UK time so if anyone gets the chance to watch 30mins of the Simulcast it's very good quality stuff!

Bayern were starting to look like they'd run out of ideas, like they were giving up on the title, but all of a sudden they've scored 20 in their last three games! Albeit against Hoffenheim, Basel (who defended like mental patients) and Hertha. Can't see Dortmund slipping up now really but Bayern are going for it. It's quite a decent end of season at the top with Schalke catching up with Gladbach now as well.

I never realised Gladbach have a deep affiliation with the dippers, and often their fans wear dipper shirts. Fuck em.

I'd watch more if it had coverage. Fox Soccer only seems to show EPL/Championship, Ligue 1 & Serie A matches.. I know they show la liga & bundesliga on ESPN3, but for some reason time warner cable doesn't support espn3 on xbox even though I can view through the website.

Can't say I know a whole hell of a lot about it anyway.

villainousT said:
I'd watch more if it had coverage. Fox Soccer only seems to show EPL/Championship, Ligue 1 & Serie A matches.. I know they show la liga & bundesliga on ESPN3, but for some reason time warner cable doesn't support espn3 on xbox even though I can view through the website.

Can't say I know a whole hell of a lot about it anyway.

Yeah, I'm lucky having ESPN here cos they play a decent amount of Bundesliga, all things considered. Also I watch quite a lot of Serie A, some Eredivisie etc on there, it's not bad at all. I'd like to get more choice on match selection as inevitably I see a lot more Schalke than Mainz for example or Juve than Chievo, but then I doubt they'd get many viewers for games not involving the bigger clubs.

Anyone else watch the highlights on ITV4?

One of my favourite leagues to watch.

freund1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom