Burnley (A) 2/9 Sat 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His shite just no getting away from it! Offers nothing it’s not even like it’s a sun you really look forward.
Overall near perfection from that away performance.

Only negatives I can scrape the barrel for is we completely dropped down to 1st gear after the 5th goal, and richarlison again unfortunately offered zero depsite being on for over 25 mins

Probably the first correct thing you've ever said in your life.

Yes, I absolutely do have an agenda:

To rid this club of a long-term stinking rot that's preventing it from achieving great things.

Or, ANYTHING, in fact.

The fact you think it's "bullshit" says it all.

Dippy bastards like you can fuck off as well.

Huge part of the problem.
Season 5 Hug GIF by Showtime

Yup.

Bottom line is, we gotta get lucky with injuries.

And no stupid reds.

This is defo a one-game-a-week, squad.

Shameful.

Give Ange the tools and we can go places.

Bald Cunt seems to like us stuck in the land of low expectations, tho.

Fucking cunt.
Hence why I said just get Tosin and Orban £50M for the pair. Would have added good depth. I’d sell rich to Saudis he can join Neymar as that is the only place where we could get decent money. Keep that money then Jan go get a CF. We have son and Johnson who could play ther plus Gil to come back to provide wide cover.

It's okay man he's gone - be happy we won, we played well - Kane is merely an afterthought now, cheer up :ledley:
Yeah leave kane alone. If you’re a proper spurs fan you should be glad that a boy from our academy is doing and going to do well for one of the top clubs in the world. 5 times euro cup winners not many of those around. Manure won 3 and 2 were the janmiest ever. Good luck to sir harry hope he wins a few trophies and euro cup then comes home. In the meantime Leyte hope we can continue in the same vein then kick in in Jan. hopefully then we can get rid of a few players as teams will be desparate either through poor form or injuries. Let’s face it most of our deadwood you’d have to be desparate to buy.
One thing for all the shite Dav gets his celebration with Son really was great to see and shows his a great character.

Yeah leave kane alone. If you’re a proper spurs fan you should be glad that a boy from our academy is doing and going to do well for one of the top clubs in the world. 5 times euro cup winners not many of those around. Manure won 3 and 2 were the janmiest ever. Good luck to sir harry hope he wins a few trophies and euro cup then comes home. In the meantime Leyte hope we can continue in the same vein then kick in in Jan. hopefully then we can get rid of a few players as teams will be desparate either through poor form or injuries. Let’s face it most of our deadwood you’d have to be desparate to buy.
One thing for all the shite Dav gets his celebration with Son really was great to see and shows his a great character.

Nick Young Wtf GIF

Great result. Have a negative ( sorry ). There was a really alarming drop off in quality for the final 15. I don’t think we can be so sloppy as that in other games. I would think we had about 20% possession in that period. Disappointing attitude or is it reflecting bench quality ?

But… the result overall is great 👍 Burnley has been our graveyard too many times.

Vicario’s save @ 1-3 was quality. Liking him to be honest.
Hopefully Ange sees that and does something g about it. If they can’t be trusted to come on abd do a job just don’t put them in match day squad. Disappointed in skipp tbh he did ok last season and really has not stepped up to the challenge of Sarr.

Brilliant performance, that’s proper Tottenham, concede a couple of soft goals but bang in 5, love it.

Maddison is the best signing we’ve made in a long time, although Bissouma, VDV and Udogie are running him close.

Maddison just runs the whole game though, he is the scalpel we’ve missed since Eriksen - beautiful to watch l

Well done Big Ange
Think his better as has better alround game. Also is great in tight spaces and can dribble.

Watched the full match now. Obviously very happy with the result and great to see Son do so well centrally. Looking forward to what Johnson can bring to the team, hopefully playing as first choice on the right.

Fair play to Burnley, they were still going for it at 3-1 and 5-1 down. Thought we were unlucky for their second goal that it somehow went under VDV’s leg even though he got there in time.

Wasn’t a fan of Kompany’s suit and baseball cap combo. 😆

playing good football isnt rocket science is it? get good footballers in, let them play and get them to work hard off the ball. very simple game. i thought i see stuff on ETH saying he trys to make the game too complex?

i think the most important area for a manager is his judgement on players. weve had soo many managers having superior players on the bench to the shit they put out... ange has come in and we havent seen dier! hes identified how much of a weak link he is straight away! thats something that should of been obvious, but the apparent world class managers weve had before couldnt see it?

systems only work if you have the right components. ange-ball wouldnt work with dier, sanchez, winks, davies..... its working because hes got 3 good footballers in midfield, a back 4 that can defend and can all actually pass a ball properly...its coming together nicely, hes not really done any out of this world science, hes just using common sense and not being a fucking idiot.
I think this is spot on.

He’s picking the sides that just make sense…..

I doubt Harry is ever coming back, mate. Not as long as Ange is in charge. He won't be able to play this system at age 34. He was a great player for us and, as much as I would love to see him break the PL scoring record with us, I doubt we'll see that happen in our shirt.

Watched the full match now. Obviously very happy with the result and great to see Son do so well centrally. Looking forward to what Johnson can bring to the team, hopefully playing as first choice on the right.

Fair play to Burnley, they were still going for it at 3-1 and 5-1 down. Thought we were unlucky for their second goal that it somehow went under VDV’s leg even though he got there in time.

Wasn’t a fan of Kompany’s suit and baseball cap combo. 😆
Been watching too many American soaps from the 80s.

Back
Top Bottom