Burnley (H) 15/05 - 12PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Q3EADMG.png

Mentally and Physically drained after Thursday , short rest , playing a team fighting for their lives and according to Conte a virus in the camp , their keeper man of the match and morons on here moaning about a good three points in the bag. Unreal

Gatsby

95:02
This is now the biggest game of the season. Win this, pressure is on them to get a win at St James’ Park.

Sonny and Kulusevski getting a rest was vital and perfect. Burnley won’t be easy, they will sit deep and come for the draw. Early goal is key again.

Starting 11 picks itself if Romero isn’t fit.

COME ON YOU FUCKING SPURS

Fuck me the shit you have to read on here.

It appears we have already turned on Bentancur and decided we have to bring back Eriksen, the bloke who couldn't be fucked to move above walking speed for the last two seasons he was here.

You know what? It wasn't a sparkling performance today but job done. We did the job got the points and Woolwich are now under huge pressure, they have to win tomorrow now. Nothing else will do.

However I log in here and see the same old cunts having the same old moan from the same people who probably couldn't find WHL on a map, let alone ever actually set foot here. Just... Fuck off for a bit yeah?

We won I don't care how it ended up we got the goal. We stood strong didn't get shithoused and won a tricky game against a side that has had some good results of late that are fighting for their lives to stay in the division. Pressure on the scum now we've done all we can.

Thank god for Ashley Barnes. That was predictably a massive shitshow. We looked shattered late on (understandably) and Pope was having one of those games. One of those games that had banana skin written all over it so you don't care how you get 3 points, just that you get them.

Is it just me?

We now have the MotD pundits saying the penalty was harsh, but watch Barnes. He's not off balance, he actually deliberately tries to make himself bigger when lunging bodily towards the ball. It's 100% a penalty.

They also tried claiming the the Spurs players didn't appeal, well I saw 2 put their hands up for the handball. Are they expecting them to stop when the ball is still live?

I'm mystified at the response to the handball. It might not have been hand to ball, but the arm is where it is in an attempt to make himself bigger. That's a nailed on penalty.

Don't worry, I'm not going to write a novel this time.
Not the most enjoyable of games, TBH, but today was all about capturing all three points. Thought it was going to be one of those games, with Pope playing as well as he did. Not sure why it took so long to make the decision re the penalty, but thank goodness the ref made the right decision. If my life depended on a penalty kick, I would want H to take it (not that I ever actually look!)
All in all, it wasn't a bad performance, not great either, and we did look a bit leggy and tired, which was understandable.
Loved the lap of honour at the end, think sometimes we forget that these are young family men, and not robots.
Now to practice my Geordie accent and become an honorary member of The Toon Army, just for tomorrow night.

Quit all the whining from you armchair coaches. We didn’t even play bad considering all the energy used on Thursday and with like one days rest.

All fucking Burnley games look like that. Their whole club should be dissolved.

Be happy for once you miserable lot.

Absolutely Champ

Totally agree with you

Bentancur our worst player today
Couldn’t disagree more I feel he is the glue that holds the midfield together and since he joined we have had a much better shape in games and is a major reason for our recent improvement - in my opinion - he has great technical ability and is an effective and slick passer of the ball - he is a totally different player to Eriksen - I would t mind seeing them in the same team

But we still need to fight? Not just give up and say we say we played a game on Thursday. That is a shite and losers mentality. They players and coaches have to be up for every game and give 110%. There is only 1 game left. We could have made subs earlier if necessary. Other top teams manage it. We should not be using that as an excuse otherwise we never shift the mentality.
Dafuq are you banging on about?

Nigh in 70% possession, 21 shots, 8 on target, limiting them to 1 shot on target in the first half. They never tested Lloris once in the 2nd half. The only reason they didn't get 3 or more put past them was because Pope had a MotM performance.

Whether we gave 110% or not, we dominated the game with only 2 days rest.

Give up?

Put the crack pipe down you Lemon.

You know what? It wasn't a sparkling performance today but job done. We did the job got the points and Woolwich are now under huge pressure, they have to win tomorrow now. Nothing else will do.

However I log in here and see the same old cunts having the same old moan from the same people who probably couldn't find WHL on a map, let alone ever actually set foot here. Just... Fuck off for a bit yeah?
Good man , spot on . How many times in the past have we bottled these types of games . The lads got what was required . End of !

How embarrassing. Conte having to instruct the support.

Fans were great today. Conte was getting the fans going because there had been a break in play for a while due to an injury and everything had gone dead. The five minutes after this point was the loudest I've ever heard the Lane. Literally deafening.

Not even sure how Bentancur or Eriksen are comparable. Bentancur is neat and tidy but mostly gets all over the pitch tracking runners, breaking up play etc. Eriksen on the other hand is an out and out creative passer.

If Eriksen did come back we would almost certainly play a 3 in the middle with a holding MF, Bentancur and Eriksen each doing their own thing to create balance.

Back
Top Bottom