Burnley (H) 15/05 - 12PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mentally and Physically drained after Thursday , short rest , playing a team fighting for their lives and according to Conte a virus in the camp , their keeper man of the match and morons on here moaning about a good three points in the bag. Unreal

You know what? It wasn't a sparkling performance today but job done. We did the job got the points and Woolwich are now under huge pressure, they have to win tomorrow now. Nothing else will do.

However I log in here and see the same old cunts having the same old moan from the same people who probably couldn't find WHL on a map, let alone ever actually set foot here. Just... Fuck off for a bit yeah?
Good man , spot on . How many times in the past have we bottled these types of games . The lads got what was required . End of !

Yes, Winks too.

You forget GLC was already exiled alongside Ndombele when he was loaned out.... Not being played and sending rogue "I'm fit" tweets to contradict the manager.

Disliked around the club too apparently.

Indeed... And it was a good move. We stand a better chance of selling him in the summer now.
Thing was didn’t he play the week before he was exiled?

Ffs we have had one gane per week since being knocked out of fa cup. Surely they can maintain good fitness levels for just one game week where we have had to play 2 games. What about the shite results in Feb where we lost at home and then also the Brighton and Brentford games. We had plenty of rest but turned some or our most dier performances for years.
I think it is more lack of rotation. Kane could have been subbed on 60 against Woolwich as we were coasting. He seems to okay every minute which is what knackered him under Poch. Not to mention the backup strikers get fed up as they get no minutes.

Injuries and length of season do take their toll around now. Look at how weak our bench is

Mentally and Physically drained after Thursday , short rest , playing a team fighting for their lives and according to Conte a virus in the camp , their keeper man of the match and morons on here moaning about a good three points in the bag. Unreal

Just put some of the most miserable posters on mute and celebrate with the rest.

But we still need to fight? Not just give up and say we say we played a game on Thursday. That is a shite and losers mentality. They players and coaches have to be up for every game and give 110%. There is only 1 game left. We could have made subs earlier if necessary. Other top teams manage it. We should not be using that as an excuse otherwise we never shift the mentality.

We did fight

We did win

We did give 100%

Who are you to say otherwise?

I really didn’t get Hoddle and Fletcher’s constant eulogising of Burnley’s second half performance, they still only had 43% of the ball, and created fuck all. For a team playing against a legless, tired Spurs, fighting for their survival, I thought they were fucking limp. And it was only our sloppiness that gave them any kind of crumbs. First half they were fucking atrocious. Not even an effective bus park.
Yeah I thought that. Okay they were better than the first half and hit the post, but if it wasn’t for Pope we get out of there with 1-2 more goals in the second half. They hardly have our box an onslaught like I thought they would

I don't think you understand how draining it is to play at that level of intensity in a sport, let alone doing it twice in the space of a few days plus training.

I workout six days a week and let me tell you, by the time I get to a rest day I am desperate for the rest and I work my ass off when I train.

Have you ever done that level of intense exercise?
No I haven’t but what I am saying is that sometimes when your fighting at the top and maybe still in other competitions they will have to get use to it. We can’t just use that as an excuse. Imagine if we didn’t get the result today everyone would have moaned about the performance and not that they were tired. Surely you wouldn’t want to blow the chance of getting a CL spot by blaming tiredness. We could have made subs earlier? Think we only made two and one was for Lucas who hardly plays. If son was knackered bring on berg.

I think it is more lack of rotation. Kane could have been subbed on 60 against Woolwich as we were coasting. He seems to okay every minute which is what knackered him under Poch. Not to mention the backup strikers get fed up as they get no minutes.

Injuries and length of season do take their toll around now. Look at how weak our bench is
Agree in some games we could easily have subbed Kane or son sooner. Even in CM we could move dier in there if required to give the other two a rest. Today prime example where we didn’t need 5 defenders. We could have started berg as well to freshen things up. We won which main thing but the lack of flexibility and trusting some players by conte is worrying. Hopefully with a bigger better squad it may change. I’d like to know how he has rotated at other clubs. Also by his own admission he likes just one game a week which doesn’t bode well for any cup competitions.

Player rating: I Don’t give a fuck.
we won. I don’t give a fuck how.
soft penalty: I don’t give a fuck
This put a fuckton of pressure on Woolwich, a fuckton. And they have to wait 30+ hours to play. It will eat them up.

if barcodes win, I promise not to take the piss out of geordies, no matter how much they provoke me.
it written in the stars that we break the souls of the lost tribe of Woolwich.

Mr Bean Move GIF

Agree in some games we could easily have subbed Kane or son sooner. Even in CM we could move dier in there if required to give the other two a rest. Today prime example where we didn’t need 5 defenders. We could have started berg as well to freshen things up. We won which main thing but the lack of flexibility and trusting some players by conte is worrying. Hopefully with a bigger better squad it may change. I’d like to know how he has rotated at other clubs. Also by his own admission he likes just one game a week which doesn’t bode well for any cup competitions.
Thing is I think it was hard to do so much today as there was a goal in it. I feel if we can get subs on when 3 goals ahead it would help keep the team fresh. Plenty of opps recently against Newcastle, Everton, Villa, Leicester and Woolwich but players like Berg get cursory 5 minutes. The likes of Berg and Rodon and maybe Devine could have got more bedded into the team.

Easy to say from an armchair of course

Back
Top Bottom