Burnley (H) 15/05 - 12PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Back from the game , sadly it was everything about what being a Spurs fan is , ie nerve shredding. Joyous on the other hand cos we won an important game . Is Conte changing the mentality ? Perhaps to early to say., but whether they are shredding my nerves , breaking my heart , or giving me a smile the size of a continent when stuffing Woolwich , I would not want it any other way . They will still give me all 3 going forward I am sure, but if we could just massively increase the latter‘s percentage that would be ideal

Watching Erickson vs Everton, he’s really acres ahead of Bentacour with the long ball pass ability. Spurs should really try and bring him back. He would help the attack in the big way
Eriksen next to Skipp would be extremely potent.

Skipp can defend for two and add the muscle Eriksen lacks. Eriksen can essentially have a free role to just orchastrating the attack, but tbf to him, he has great stamina and won't be complete liability defensively.

Pretty dreadful game but I’ll take the massive 3 points. ConteBall continues to struggle vs lesser sides which hopefully will improve next season with upgrades at RWB and CM. Gotta think Royal and Bentancur are the two most need of an upgrade next season.

Should have texted his row & seat number - got him chucked out, the twat.
It's actually a very good example of what the biggest issue still is when tackling racism, just look at all his fellow fans standing around him. By doing nothing (by not challenging the guy) all the other fans are also complicit, they are allowing it to happen.

I appreciate it does take bottle to confront someone like this but if he feels he can perform this display of racism openly then it shows theirs a long way to go within the Burnley fanbase. No surprise that they are the only Football Club that boo their own players taking the knee, coincidence? Like fuck.

It's actually a very good example of what the biggest issue still is when tackling racism, just look at all his fellow fans standing around him. By doing nothing (by not challenging the guy) all the other fans are also complicit, they are allowing it to happen.

I appreciate it does take bottle to confront someone like this but if he feels he can perform this display of racism openly then it shows theirs a long way to go within the Burnley fanbase. No surprise that they are the only Football Club that boo their own players taking the knee, coincidence? Like fuck.
Agree - but also, Spurs have made it quite easy for any home fan to pinpoint him. Should have been done.

Skipp can defend for two and add the muscle Eriksen lacks. Eriksen can essentially have a free role to just orchastrating the attack, but tbf to him, he has great stamina and won't be complete liability defensively.

Eriksen is not an option as a CM in a 2......

3rd man in a CM3 or one of the front 3.

Maybe when chasing a game but I’m not convinced eriksen can play in the midfield 2 in the system conte has been playing. If we change to a 3-5-2 he would be perfect or maybe in the kluo role in the 3-4-2-1.
Maybe anyone who watch eriksen at inter under conte could enlighten us on where he was played?

Eriksen is not an option as a CM in a 2......

3rd man in a CM3 or one of the front 3.
I think it's possible. Bentancur is not great defensively, Eriksen would not be big downgrade in that regard.

Also Eriksen played a lot deeper in Poch's final season than usual and still got a bucketload of goals/assists.

I think it's possible. Bentancur is not great defensively, Eriksen would not be big downgrade in that regard.

Also Eriksen played a lot deeper in Poch's final season than usual and still got a bucketload of goals/assists.

He was still one of 3 men in the middle though.....

Just got back from the game. Had a massive touch today. I had my usual seat in 524 but was given a ticket by a friend who's other half couldn't make it.
002, bang on the halfway line 17 rows back. Free food and booze.
What a great end to a great week.
COYS.

How embarrassing. Conte having to instruct the support.

Fans were great today. Conte was getting the fans going because there had been a break in play for a while due to an injury and everything had gone dead. The five minutes after this point was the loudest I've ever heard the Lane. Literally deafening.

Back
Top Bottom