Burnley (H) 15/05 - 12PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tbf I personally wouldn’t mind Eriksen back on a free.

But not at the expense of Bentancur, who has been an excellent signing.

Of course, we do need to stop thinking about our team as only being the starting 11.

Conte and Poch have been quite similar in that they pick the same 11 (if available) week in week out. This is likely due to our lack of legitimate options on the bench.

Take a look at the best teams in our league - City and Liverpool. Always rotating players outside of a few mainstays.

If Eriksen were to come back; it wouldn't be at the expense of Bentancur or Holjberg or Kulu; it would be in addition too. Rotating Eriksen with Kulu would seem the most logical option due to our 3-5-3 formation that Conte prefers.

At 30 years old, and with cardiac issues, I expect that Eriksen to Spurs is unlikely - but on a free transfers it seems a no-brainer to offer a 2 year contract.

Not even sure how Bentancur or Eriksen are comparable. Bentancur is neat and tidy but mostly gets all over the pitch tracking runners, breaking up play etc. Eriksen on the other hand is an out and out creative passer.

If Eriksen did come back we would almost certainly play a 3 in the middle with a holding MF, Bentancur and Eriksen each doing their own thing to create balance.
and with Conte Playing a midfield 2 I can't see us having a creative central midfielder, think its going to have to come from creative WB's

and with Conte Playing a midfield 2 I can't see us having a creative central midfielder, think its going to have to come from creative WB's

He has often though used 3 in the middle at Chelsea and Inter Milan. He doesn’t have that option with us given he only trusts 3 midfielders and one of them is a long term injury in Skipp.

He occasionally does and again occasionally puts a decent ball forward but not enough for me

He all too often makes the safe ball

His shooting is appalling

So is everyone's except Kane's and Son's though.
And TBH. theirs wasn't exactly good on Sunday. Irony is that Royal, probably the worst attacker on the team, had the best shot of the game.

A deserved win, as Burnley's 1st half spoiler tactics were shameful, and it made me laugh at the sense of urgency that they suddenly discovered in the 2nd half.
How typical though, that Hugo was booked for timewasting, and nothing for Nick Pope.
The 2nd half showed that Burnley can actually play decent football, and I think we'd have struggled if they came at us a bit earlier, and I can't understand why a team that is looking relegation in the eye, would sit back like that.
Pope was amazing, and definitely kept it tense for us.
Well done lads; "Let's be havin' you!!" at Norwich. COYS
Even when they "came at us" in the 2nd half, we had more of the ball, more chances, more chances on target, a higher XG and ultimately saw the game out without many scares.

And the bleating over the handball is making me feel less sympathetic. His very long arm is stretched all the way out.
He's made his body bigger. Seen it quite a few times and there's no logical reason he spread himself like that. It's a perfect example of an attacker defending. He's not used to those situations.

At work, what a state I'm in, Drinking in bill nic then inside stadium then danced and drank with the guitarist then I joined the outside stadium gig finally went back to the bill nic for the after party and well I don't remember much else lol

Of course, we do need to stop thinking about our team as only being the starting 11.

Conte and Poch have been quite similar in that they pick the same 11 (if available) week in week out. This is likely due to our lack of legitimate options on the bench.

Take a look at the best teams in our league - City and Liverpool. Always rotating players outside of a few mainstays.

If Eriksen were to come back; it wouldn't be at the expense of Bentancur or Holjberg or Kulu; it would be in addition too. Rotating Eriksen with Kulu would seem the most logical option due to our 3-5-3 formation that Conte prefers.

At 30 years old, and with cardiac issues, I expect that Eriksen to Spurs is unlikely - but on a free transfers it seems a no-brainer to offer a 2 year contract.
Love the 3-5-3 formation😀

17 assists and 10 goals in 18/19 for us - if that was him not being fucked; I'd love to see him motivated :)
How many of those assists were on a par with Tommy Carrol vs West Ham and Super Jan Vs Burnley though? Was it not the case that Kane was smashing them in from everywhere?
I'm absolutely sure many of them were good assists, but it's easy to rack them up when your attackers bury everything.

How many of those assists were on a par with Tommy Carrol vs West Ham and Super Jan Vs Burnley though? Was it not the case that Kane was smashing them in from everywhere?
I'm absolutely sure many of them were good assists, but it's easy to rack them up when your attackers bury everything.
Only creative player behind a front 3 of prime Dele, Kane and Son taking almost all set pieces.

I'd probably rack up 20 G/A in that team and I kick the ball like Paulinho did against Burnley.

Never said he was anywhere near the worse player. But if spurs want to take it to the next level next year, they need a more creative Mfer. Bentancur def a solid squad player. You disagree ?

No I wasn’t disagreeing

Keep him as a squad player but I thought he was poor yesterday

So is everyone's except Kane's and Son's though.
And TBH. theirs wasn't exactly good on Sunday. Irony is that Royal, probably the worst attacker on the team, had the best shot of the game.

Yes Pope couldn’t afford to let that one me go as it was dipping

Imagine one of the worst attacking players in the league scoring one of the best goals of the season? That was fully 30 yards out and heading for the top corner.

Well they kept backing off him so why not have a go?
Good effort tbf

Back
Top Bottom