Burnley v. Spurs Wed, Oct 27 19:45 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hey, shorter days getting you down? Not seen your loved ones in almost 2 years? Financial stresses of Christmas just round the corner playing on your mind? Worried about health issues? Annoyed at somebody having used incorrect pronouns???

Sounds like you need a pick me up! Well never fear, because exactly one short month from today, you can enjoy all the excitement of Spurs away at Burnley once again! It's Nuno! It's Dyche! It's Nuno vs Dyche! It's a Sunday! It's not quite lunchtime not quite primetime! And it's LIIIIIIIIVVVEEE! (somewhere, probably not Sky Sports or even BT, they're not that thick...)

Literally just got back. Think that’s my limit for away day travelling in my vintage years. Half the motorways closed too and the scenic routes aren’t very scenic in pitch black. God knows how many speeding tickets I’ve picked up.

Hope it was a useful run out for the players but it wasn’t a great watch. Burnley were gash… but maybe we defended well too. Skipp was impressive - very energetic. Forward play lacked a cutting edge. Kane was a distraction and stopped other players from going for goal themselves more. He needs to be find form now or be shifted on. Swapping him for Sonny would have been a better sub.

Half hearted applause from the players at the end was quite poor. Burnley on a Wednesday night is a heck of an effort. Only Sonny properly came over and have his shirt. He is our main man. As for their fans, what a weird and tragic bunch of Neanderthal wankers.
Just coming up to Lee valley, another 45 minutes or so before I'm home. Coach really uncomfortable, at least I haven't got to go to work tomorrow :)
Still on the coach at 3.15am!! True dedication .
My wife and I got back to Hertfordshire at 2.30am. The M6 on the journey up made the M25 look like Brands Hatch and the closures on the M56 and M1 on the journey home took us on some interesting diversions.
On the pitch we remain a conundrum, the talent is at times obvious but we are often slow and ponderous in our build up and seem to lack any tangible game plan.
Honorable mentions to Emerson (looks very promising) Romero ( the real deal it appears) Gio (best effort for a long time) and Sonny ( the energy he brings and outlets he provides + his incredible rapport with and respect for us fans) COYS!!!

As we got off the coach, I said to my friend that it was lovely to see old-fashioned floodlights at a ground, and one of their supporters said that I would love everything about Burnley! The last time I was at Turf Moor was in the 80s. :)
I parked a little bit away from the stadium so I could walk to the ground. The floodlights shining through the wind and rain from across the hill and seeing the actual crowd and seats from outside is a rarity now. It was quite cool. But I do like an old and dirty ground.

Just seen that the draw for the quarters won't take place until Saturday morning at 10:30am........

And it will be broadcast live.......

Someone somewhere is seriously overestimating the amount of anticipation for this draw........

Just draw it already - could take all of 30 seconds so why do they have to draaaaag it out ffs.
Jimmy Bullard is picking out the balls.
#A-list

Hairy’s Post Match Thoughts

1. Nice to have a win. Thought for sure it was going to PK’s

2. Impressed with Romero. He‘s got cool, calm, and class. Do you pair him with Dirty Davidson or Eric the Dire?

3. Don‘t let the goal fool you, “two touch“ Lucas was just just awful. How many time did he just plain lose the ball? Make the wrong pass? He hustles, and gives 100%, but if you see him make that third touch, just turn around and track back on defense. Sell Sell Sell

4. PEH may have the best football mind on the pitch other than Harry. Still a big supporter, just wish he had the physical attributes to match. He’s definitely a leader on the field, and demands the ball.

5. Gill shows promise, but he needs some meat on his bones.

6. Berg was sub par. I think he’s too slow for the style of play he wants to put forth.

7. Davies looks like a guy trying to impress his dad on the sidelines.

8. Skipp is a solid DM. There……. I said it……….. Had flashes of brilliance yesterday, A DM that actually adds to the attack, something this team has needed for YEARS. I’m fully on board.

9. Lo Celso may have the second best footskill on the squad behind Son. l‘m still in favor of the Argentine in the starting 11.

Last edited:
Fit lads up there tho, ¿no?

Hubba hubba

mtd2fkogknvx.jpg
Tarkowski and Mee?

Back
Top Bottom