Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur, Sunday 5th April, 13:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rosie47

Papering over the cracks
First ever match thread. This one's got 7 - 8 written all over it.

A win's a win. Right?

0FXdtF7.gif

Burnley will need to win this, hopefully they are as open as Leicester were today. Hopefully we actually see some change, I want Townsend and Chadli dropped and I want to see Dembele and Lamela back in the starting eleven. We need to sort out the defence too, whether you love him or hate him, we need Fazio back in the team, teams are just lumping it long and we can't deal with it, at least Fazio can stay there and use his height.

Burnley will need to win this, hopefully they are as open as Leicester were today. Hopefully we actually see some change, I want Townsend and Chadli dropped and I want to see Dembele and Lamela back in the starting eleven. We need to sort out the defence too, whether you love him or hate him, we need Fazio back in the team, teams are just lumping it long and we can't deal with it, at least Fazio can stay there and use his height.
Walker has to be dropped for this one.

If only so he can sort his head out and play his way back into the team. Would do him no harm.

Walker has to be dropped for this one.

If only so he can sort his head out and play his way back into the team. Would do him no harm.
Who would you suggest at right back? Chiriches, Dier? - Yedlin doesn't seem ready to even play U21 level let alone Premier League level away at Turf Moor.

Spurs need a defensive coach. Considering that Pochettino used to play at centre-back his defensive tactics are fucking awful. We have conceded 45 goals this season. That's more than Aston Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Palace and West Brom. Southampton have conceded 21.

It's pathetic and nothing is being done about it. I like Pochettino as a bloke and I like the fact that he's using young players but he doesn't know how to organise a defence.

We don't deserve Champions League football until Pochettino and the Spurs coaching staff get it through their skulls that they need to work on the defence. The tactics aren't fucking working. The fact that we've already conceded 45 goals despite having one of the best goalkeepers on the planet in our team should be a clear enough indication of that.

SORT THE FUCKING DEFENCE OUT YOU PENIS.

Spurs need a defensive coach. Considering that Pochettino used to play at centre-back his defensive tactics are fucking awful. We have conceded 45 goals this season. That's more than Aston Villa, Hull, Sunderland, Palace and West Brom. Southampton have conceded 21.

It's pathetic and nothing is being done about it. I like Pochettino as a bloke and I like the fact that he's using young players but he doesn't know how to organise a defence.

We don't deserve Champions League football until Pochettino and the Spurs coaching staff get it through their skulls that they need to work on the defence. The tactics aren't fucking working. The fact that we've already conceded 45 goals despite having one of the best goalkeepers on the planet in our team should be a clear enough indication of that.

SORT THE FUCKING DEFENCE OUT YOU PENIS.
To be fair to Poch he wasn't really given the funds to strengthen the defence. It seems all his first choice targets were missed. If your given average defenders to work with then your probably gonna get what you paid for. We conceded a lot of goals last season too. Under both Sherwood and AVB

To be fair to Poch he wasn't really given the funds to strengthen the defence. It seems all his first choice targets were missed. If your given average defenders to work with then your probably gonna get what you paid for. We conceded a lot of goals last season too. Under both Sherwood and AVB

Southampton seem to be doing alright.

Back
Top Bottom