Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur, Sunday 5th April, 13:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

the trouble with you is you see everything as black and white, with no shades in between

Not at all....Ive said I want Poch to be given time, but he needs to make some massive changes to his management.

Im not from the school of "everything will be ok with new signings" and "if Levy splashes the cash we will challenge for the title" bollox.
I believe a manager should be able to coach and teach the players he has to do what he needs them to, and failing that, play to their strengths not simply abandon them en masse.

Time will tell, but for me there are concerns which I overlooked in the beginning of his reign when IMO, he was doing a better job.

There is nothing black and white about what Im saying. I think he's a good coach that needs time, but he's also making some very repetative and costly errors of judgement. If you dont see that as a balanced view, Im not sure what you want to hear...perhaps I should say next time:

"Poch made the wrong sub, but I like him. I think he could have rested Mason, but I like Poch. We didnt press enough, but Kane has had a great season. Again, we were sloppy at the back, but Pochs fitness regime is really impressive"

Would that make everyone feel better about me criticising him?
:dempsey:

Don't hold your breath - he will be like most managers, he will do things his way because thats the way he wants them to happen. The only way things will improve, will be an influx of a higher standard of player.
You could bring in any manager you like and Bentaleb, Mason, Townsend etc etc will nevr get any better than they are - unless someone somehow converts them into world beating fullbacks of goalkeepers.

Back
Top Bottom