Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur, Sunday 5th April, 13:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Faith - belief without evidence

Sandro was a regular too, where was his "faith" in him?

As for calling him stupid for playing youngsters, that's so 12 months ago............
Sandro was broken, he still is. Sadly

I didn't say Poch was stupid for playing youngsters I was asking if thats what Adasai was inferring.
In short, I think the abuse at Poch is OTT, given the hand he's been dealt

I think the abuse at Poch is OTT, given the hand he's been dealt

Its a bit of a worry that we can play so poorly though (this wasnt a one off), the fact he held off introducing Townsend till so late is also a concern - not to mention the starting with Paulinho couple with the banishing of Fazio to who knows where - and why was Ade allowed to disappear again.

Last edited:
Its a bit of a worry that we can play so poorly though (this wasnt a one off), the fact he held off introducing Townsend till so late is also a concern - not to mention the starting with Paulinho couple with the banishing of Fazio to who knows where - and why was Ade allowed to disappear again.
Fazio was injured according to the commentator on the feed I watched and Verts was taken ill the night before

How many times have I said that the performance was clear to see?

Stop whining when I complain about how shit it was then...that performance and oddball management is not a one off event.

People have concerns....how can you sit there and play happy clappy, and then say you are aware how fucking shit we've been??

Last edited:
In short, I think the abuse at Poch is OTT, given the hand he's been dealt

The abuse is ott, but lets not get that confused with critique.

And the hand he's been given was the same one Sherwood was given but I didnt see any sympathy last year.
Since Poch came we signed Davies, Fazio, Stambouli, Vorm, Dier and Yedlin.

He plays only plays Dier...who's fault is that?

And the hand he's been given was the same one Sherwood was given but I didnt see any sympathy last year.

Well, about those players specifically:
  1. Rose has kept Davies out of the team (down to Poch getting him to improve, and Danny boy having a good attitude this season).
  2. Dier and Fazio were always unlikely to play together with Vertonghen as our guaranteed starting CB (when fit) - and hey, if the younger (and quicker) of the two shows better form, I'm glad Poch prioritises nurturing that talent.
  3. Vorm was signed as backup to Lloris, and as our main man in most cup games, which he has done. He isn't showing his best form (as previously seen at Swansea), but we were all darned glad to have him on Sunday rather than... Brad or McGee?
  4. Yedlin is a raw talent, and clearly wasn't bought with this season in mind.
  5. Stambouli - interesting one, and the only one that I agree is questionable. Perhaps he hasn't impressed behind the scenes, or perhaps the emergence of Mason (and no, I don't think Mason and Bentaleb should start together anymore, but that's a different point) has kept him out of the side. An underutilised signing for sure.
Sherwood got little sympathy because he was an unlikable character. Petty? Yes. But he made a rod for his own back by running his mouth in the media (something he continues to demonstrate today).
Running the line of 'well how could we all be so mean to Tim?' is being willfully ignorant of exactly how he pissed many fans off with his behaviour.

I'd add: what is the 'Sherwood plan'? What does he actually want his teams to do? His brief tenure at Spurs came across as fucking-run-about-a-bit tactics at best, and that doesn't even go into his shite man management.

As I've said before, the transfers we made last summer were conservative with a view to seeing how much could actually be achieved with the 'magnificent 7' under Pochettino. Everyone has a much better idea of that now, the players we need to sell are more obvious, and this transfer window should be far more busy.

Stop whining when I complain about how shit it was then...that performance and oddball management is not a one off event.

People have concerns....how can you sit there and play happy clappy, and then say you are aware how fucking shit we've been??
all you ever seem to do is complain
I guess its like spending 5 years in the trenches getting shelled all day - it never gets any better.
Plus its tedious the way you polarise any statements, whether they are other posters or your own.

You didn't see any from me - so if you want to bitch on that particular subject - pick on someone else, if thats not too much trouble.

So in an effort to achieve some stability - you simply want to have a manager that treats the first 11 as a revolving door, player wise

(how do you like a taste of your own medicine?)

Well, about those players specifically:
  1. Rose has kept Davies out of the team (down to Poch getting him to improve, and Danny boy having a good attitude this season).
  2. Dier and Fazio were always unlikely to play together with Vertonghen as our guaranteed starting CB (when fit) - and hey, if the younger (and quicker) of the two shows better form, I'm glad Poch prioritises nurturing that talent.
  3. Vorm was signed as backup to Lloris, and as our main man in most cup games, which he has done. He isn't showing his best form (as previously seen at Swansea), but we were all darned glad to have him on Sunday rather than... Brad or McGee?
  4. Yedlin is a raw talent, and clearly wasn't bought with this season in mind.
  5. Stambouli - interesting one, and the only one that I agree is questionable. Perhaps he hasn't impressed behind the scenes, or perhaps the emergence of Mason (and no, I don't think Mason and Bentaleb should start together anymore, but that's a different point) has kept him out of the side. An underutilised signing for sure.
Sherwood got little sympathy because he was an unlikable character. Petty? Yes. But he made a rod for his own back by running his mouth in the media (something he continues to demonstrate today).
Running the line of 'well how could we all be so mean to Tim?' is being willfully ignorant of exactly how he pissed many fans off with his behaviour.

I'd add: what is the 'Sherwood plan'? What does he actually want his teams to do? His brief tenure at Spurs came across as fucking-run-about-a-bit tactics at best, and that doesn't even go into his shite man management.

As I've said before, the transfers we made last summer were conservative with a view to seeing how much could actually be achieved with the 'magnificent 7' under Pochettino. Everyone has a much better idea of that now, the players we need to sell are more obvious, and this transfer window should be far more busy.
apparently how well players perform in training is not a viable metric
all judgement is performed on their worst and/or most recent performances, which ever is the most capable of being condemned to the greatest degree

in the vain hope you might spare us all
what the fuck have we all done to deserve it?
send annoyed letters to Levy

Deserve it?
Its a forum, not a fucking Pochettino Reacharound Circle Jerk.

If you want a happy place where only good things are allowed to be said, you are following the wrong sport and certainly the wrong club

Deserve it?
Its a forum, not a fucking Pochettino Reacharound Circle Jerk.

If you want a happy place where only good things are allowed to be said, you are following the wrong sport and certainly the wrong club
good to see you had your daily dose of Mr Amenable pills then.
There's a difference between raising doubts and bitching ABOUT FUCKING EVERYTHING ALL DAY -EVERY DAY.
The one thing the club needs is a manager for more than 9 months at a fucking time Sammy, and having another pitchfork and blazing torches gathering like we did over Redknapp isn't going to help the club move forward.
We are all fucked off about another damp squib of a season - so all you want to do is get back on the same old fucking treadmill and ditch the manager, so we can go back to square one? Or will you settle for a flogging?

and start the dance again?
Oh no - but wait - its reasoned critique with you isn't it? Its not bitching and moaning or whining like a fucking air raid siren, its pragmatic questioning of - of what, another manager who broke your heart?
Give the guy at least one more year before you want his head on a spike at traitors gate.

Grow a pair - man up and deal with it. We didn't win (fill in trophy of your choice)

But we had two great wins (in style) against the goons and CFC to show that we can do it when the stars line up right, and we have seen the new man can manage to get the best out of the academy and get players to step up to new levels. He got us to a final and he got the crowds singing again - and we didn't have to watch performances that made your eyes bleed with despair.
He performs well in front of the press, and up until you started to shred your teddy, made pretty much all the spurs fans happy and united behind him.
But oh fucking no - none of that is good enough for Mr Moany pants the purist.

Yeah - Burnley was shit and we won games with the skin of our arse hanging out the back of our shorts from the thrashing we took on occasions.
But at least the veil of depression lifted for a while
Chucking the baby out with the bathwater isn't the solution.

I only saw the "highlights" on MOTD and it did look pretty poor. However if we had scrapped a winning goal in the last minute, then how could you NOT celebrate? Think we are the only team that are embarrassed if we win 'ugly'. Yes, in an ideal world, we would win with a flourish, but I'll take the win everytime, if it meant we win a trophy/get a CL place every season. Let's get the basics right first, the rest will fall into place.

Shocking game from Spurs.

Yesterday we were discussing whether we were still in the fight for Champions League. I think it's fair to say that the train had now left and Spurs are not on it.

Poor passing, lacking in the midfield combat and generally a lacklustre performance from Spurs.

Like others I was looking forward to this game, now I almost regret watching it..

Right now it feels like the season's over.

I don't need to refill my Ambien prescription now that is still have that abomination on the DVR

I havent called for his head.

If my critique makes you this hysterical maybe you should man up and grow a pair
You see your own failings in the eyes of others. The only one seeing demons is you Sammy.
Which can't be easy with your head wedged that far up.
Spurs are a work in progress, and all you see is despair and pain
... and you call me hysterical?
I'm certainly not the one with no balls - you're the one howling that all is lost.

You see your own failings in the eyes of others.
No Mick, I see Pochs failings and compare them to when we was under Redknapp playing good football.

The only one seeing demons is you Sammy.
There are plenty who have a lot more extreme views on Poch than me, and plenty who feel like me

Spurs are a work in progress, and all you see is despair and pain
I have listed positives. You, along with others ignore because...

you call me hysterical?
....yes

you're the one howling that all is lost.
Im howling that we need to make some major improvements as things are not very good at the moment and none of it has to do with results. Go away now mate, you trying to come across and an uber positive reminds me of the dirty old wolf trying to get red riding hoods knickers off.

Back
Top Bottom