Burnley v Tottenham || Monday, 26 Oct @ 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes. Because we had to stay disciplined to manage their approach. God awful game but excellent win. Miserable battles like this with the right result are what distinguishes winners from losers.
Fergie had plenty of wins like last nights where they didn’t play well in a shit game but somehow ground out a win
That’s how you win titles or get extremely lucky with VAR decisions like last year’s Dippers

Fergie had plenty of wins like last nights where they didn’t play well in a shit game but somehow ground out a win
That’s how you win titles or get extremely lucky with VAR decisions like last year’s Dippers

There were Mourinho games at Chelsea just like that.

In theory yes but last night Sissoko was a pussy. He didn't jump for one high ball in the centre and he made just one tackle. He was easy to beat in the duels and as always timid on the ball. He can cover a lot of grass but he doesn't really impose himself on opponents. A player of his physical stature should not end a match like that without winning a single aerial duel. At least 3 times he was under the high ball and just let Burnley win it without a challenge.

I agree but Bergwijn had an injury and Lamela, Gio and Bale have fitness concerns.
Thinking about this... Do you think it could have been cos he was told to not give away silly fouls in our half?

The world is blighted by poverty inequality and bigotry of all kinds. There's a tyrannical megalomaniac in the White House and a blithering mendacious idiot in number 10, there's a global pandemic killing millions....and yet, and yet three points against Burnley has made me disproportionately happy. This Spurs thing is bloody silly I should probably see a shrink.

I don't know what the "chance created" means specifically, but Ndombele passes created room and opportunities very well.

But of course, you can take that stat and run. And assume that Coco was MoM or most talented footballer alive, your pick. I have eyes and I've seen Coco start enough games to give my opinion.

You are a bit trigger happy on the disagrees mate. I was asking you a question not making a statement so have one back! (Not that I give a fuck!)
You funny idiot. You’ve disagreed with two of my posts and I’ve done the same. Both commented. It’s all fine from that respect kiddo. However, how you can be focusing on negative things after a tactical victory that literally passes the quintessential “can he/they do it in a cold night in Burnley...” question is beyond me. Hope your day improves.

:mourweird:

other clubs like Southampton and Crystal Palace earn about £10m-£20m more, but they don't play like that in every match.
Palace are a London team, they have a better squad and easier access to better players.
Southampton have one of the best academies in the country and access to a huge catchment area for young talent.
Burnley is in the ass end of nowhere and one of the most impoverished areas in the country.

That's shithousery of the highest order!
Lamela's a right cunt.... but he's also the RIGHT sort of Cunt! I like it!

Sanchez, Winks & Aurier not in the squad and we get 3 points.
....and all three were partly responsible for West Ham's goals: Aurier; the needless free kick... Sanchez; og and Winks the sorry excuse for a clearance that led to their 3rd....

No coincidence!
One year on from Pochettino getting sacked for playing tedious, midfield-less crap, we're still churning out midfield-less, tempo-less, humpball like that.

Tonight's victory was the footballing equivalent of getting a hand job from a tranny whilst they simultaneously scrape the other hand down a fucking blackboard.
As funny as that is.... the point being, Poch's tedious, midfield-less crap got us a draw up there, last night's tedious, midfield-less crap earned us the win!

Results matter.... that's all.
Jose knows this.... Poch didn't seem convinced!

You funny idiot. You’ve disagreed with two of my posts and I’ve done the same. Both commented. It’s all fine from that respect kiddo. However, how you can be focusing on negative things after a tactical victory that literally passes the quintessential “can he/they do it in a cold night in Burnley...” question is beyond me. Hope your day improves.

:mourweird:

Well it’s 3-2 to me now cos I’ve given you another one for calling me an idiot! :mourfinger:

We keep a clean sheet against a team from Brobdingnag, only looking in trouble once, when Harry cleared off the line and of the 14 players involved, the ones getting stick are 3 defenders and a player playing as a defensive midfielder.

Funny that

e) Team choice
Sissoko was chosen ahead of Lo Celso for his physicality and defending of set pieces.
You must be joking he never jumps to head the ball and unless he can run with a player who his slightly ahead and can do a slide tackle he can’t tackle. Gets beaten too easily fir a big man.
Also was never going to graduate to ‘intelligent cunt’

in both aspects the polar opposite

Back
Top Bottom