Burnley v Tottenham || Monday, 26 Oct @ 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lamela's a right cunt.... but he's also the RIGHT sort of Cunt! I like it!

....and all three were partly responsible for West Ham's goals: Aurier; the needless free kick... Sanchez; og and Winks the sorry excuse for a clearance that led to their 3rd....

No coincidence!

As funny as that is.... the point being, Poch's tedious, midfield-less crap got us a draw up there, last night's tedious, midfield-less crap earned us the win!

Results matter.... that's all.
Jose knows this.... Poch didn't seem convinced!

Let's see if Mourinho improves on Poch's 2nd, 3rd placed finishes. Then your "end to a means" argument will carry a bit more gravitas.

And I say this as someone who was not a Poch apologist. He needed to go because he wasn't getting results and even more importantly for me, performances, which might have suggested results would follow.

Fergie had plenty of wins like last nights where they didn’t play well in a shit game but somehow ground out a win
That’s how you win titles or get extremely lucky with VAR decisions like last year’s Dippers
Dippers had the perfect storm last season. The lot

outrageous luck
VAR wiping their arse for them
First 11 always available

Add that to what is a very good team and you’ll win it

If we get some of that we have a decent chance

Im intrigued to know how much of Eriks shithousery is nature and how much is nurtured
I think it’s within him and he loves winding opposition wankers like Wheelchair and Fibreglass up!!

Fair play to him doing that so I can forgive the odd mistake

Even though we didn't play our scintillating quick football, I was actually Impressed how we dug that result out.
Even if we don't win the league this year that type of performance is normally reserved for champions, who find a way to win even if they are not playing at their best or the opposition don't allow them.
If it was Liverpool or Man U, the media would be praising them for winning whilst not playing well, mark of champions, etc.

Im intrigued to know how much of Eriks shithousery is nature and how much is nurtured

Latin American people are reputedly often passionate so I dare say that some of it is within him. But maybe Érik has realised that perhaps he might struggle to get into the team on pace and ability alone and that maybe he has to bring the team something different and as a result he has developed into a shithouser extraordinaire

Latin American people are reputedly often passionate so I dare say that some of it is within him. But maybe Érik has realised that perhaps he might struggle to get into the team on pace and ability alone and that maybe he has to bring the team something different and as a result he has developed into a shithouser extraordinaire
To be fair, Erik does hail from a Country whose exponents in shithousery were plentiful...

Maradona, Simeone, Batistuta, even Poch as a player had it in them.... it's part of their culture!

This is an interesting article from a couple of years ago about how certain Latin American countries (namely Urugauy and Argentina) positively embrace underhand gamesmanship....
It's part of their DNA, and almost used as a tactic on some occasions!

I don't think Erik is doing anything he wasn't taught to from an early age!!

I don’t think it’s that we played poorly, we just played a team who was setup to counter our strengths and game play. They played deep that prohibited Son running of the defenders shoulder and they condensed the middle which didn’t allow Harry to get much time on the ball. Of course, we didn’t have the LB in Davies to take advantage of this by stretching out wide. I think Reguilon would have torn Burnley a new one with the amount of ball Davies got out in the far corners. I also think think this long ball, to rough and tumble defending suits Alderweireld and particularly Dier. Their forwards didn’t have pace and Dier is a big guy so can handle those one vs ones. Professional performance overall and they’re the kind of games we need to wings. Another good performance from Ndombele. Made a couple of passes that perhaps our attacking triplet should have done better. Regardless, another 3 points away from home by an opponent that doesn’t ship a lot of goals and their home ground. Let’s keep the momentum up!

To be fair, Erik does hail from a Country whose exponents in shithousery were plentiful...

Maradona, Simeone, Batistuta, even Poch as a player had it in them.... it's part of their culture!

This is an interesting article from a couple of years ago about how certain Latin American countries (namely Urugauy and Argentina) positively embrace underhand gamesmanship....

Last edited:
Thinking about this... Do you think it could have been cos he was told to not give away silly fouls in our half?
He was playing to instructions as was Davies as was Winks against LASK last week and they all did ok as they’re capable of doing it

But those three probably wouldn’t play against the top six

whereas I don’t think Sanchez or Aurier are capable of doing that and that’s the difference

Jury is very much out on Dier as that stupid handball last night typified

This is why I hated the castigation that Souness received for talking about Lamela's handbags with Martial. Sure, what Souness said might not have come out in the most elegant way, but he was getting at a fundamental truth around cultural differences.

Acceptance of cheating - perceived as intelligent and streetwise - is genuinely much higher in most of South America than in Europe. Meanwhile, it's higher in Europe than, say, Japan. Large differences between cultures exist and I felt bad for Souness that a brief reference to such an idea caught him so much flak.

And I say this as someone who loves Lamela's arrogant, spirited cuntiness.

Back
Top Bottom